mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressive..now we just need Gray to get past a 50% chance of snow and bite on a solution similar to this. I hope the GFS comes back with at least .25-.5 for the event in Maine.

If they do, It will be last minute, They are very conservative, I wish they were more like the CAR office.......

The NAM would seem to want 2-5 or 3-6" of snow on Thursday for Cape Cod, MA. After a little bit of a warm period between now and tomorrow afternoon the column cools and we turn to snow, with perhaps 3-6" of snow and a potential WWA or low end WSW headlines. Maybe TAN will actually go with the NAM more then the GFS and not get caught off guard. Anyways I would like to see how warm we get today and tomorrow and see if we get any melting snow.

Wow... 12z NAM crushes the northern Greens. Up to 1" QPF in the upslope region and Green Mtn spine, also in the northern slope of the Whites near Bretton Woods... with widespread .5-.75" amounts elsewhere in the northern half of VT and NH.

If this is anywhere close to correct, with the high ratio snow we've been seeing in these events, the NAM at face value is indicating a Warning level event.

f54.gif

Wow... 12z NAM crushes the northern Greens. Up to 1" QPF in the upslope region and Green Mtn spine with widespread .5-.75" amounts elsewhere in the northern half of VT.

If this is anywhere close to correct, with the high ratio snow we've been seeing in these events, the NAM at face value is indicating a Warning level event.

f54.gif

Yeah I was thinking the same thing for the Whites as well. This could be a widespread snow for all of eastern MA, NH, VT, and all of ME. I bet you there will be advisories with these at some point.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing for the Whites as well. This could be a widespread snow for all of eastern MA, NH, VT, and all of ME. I bet you there will be advisories with these at some point.

I've seen some weird stuff happen up here when synoptic moisture interacts with upslope flow but there's no way we get the QPF the NAM is showing. Even at your basic 10:1 ratios, that's a 5-10" snowfall for the northern third of VT.... and if we get the usual upslope 20:1 or 30:1 ratios then that's a heck of a lot of snow.

No way in hell does that much QPF get wrung out of the sky. I bet BTV's local WRF model will look interesting once it updates.

If they do, It will be last minute, They are very conservative, I wish they were more like the CAR office.......

I think conservative is too friendly a term.. Consistently wrong is a better description. IMO there are 20+ non-mets in this thread that could make a better forecast.

Last night a good example.. They had the forecast right with little or no accumulation.. then for some reason in the evening they bumped me to 1-2".. which of course never came. I'm just glad I'm not a snow plow operator or some other job where these poor forecasts would cost me money.

Archived