• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

I think conservative is too friendly a term.. Consistently wrong is a better description. IMO there are 20+ non-mets in this thread that could make a better forecast.

Last night a good example.. They had the forecast right with little or no accumulation.. then for some reason in the evening they bumped me to 1-2".. which of course never came. I'm just glad I'm not a snow plow operator or some other job where these poor forecasts would cost me money.

There are mets from that office on here, And i am not going to bash any met period, I would not want there job to have to make calls that others depend on, Thats for sure...........

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen qpf maps, but looks like gfs is a lol drier than nam. I feel good for 2-4 wed/thur.

It is a little drier, but has the most precip for this event then it ever has. I just fall under the .5-.7, which would match up with the NAM for at least a 3-6 inch snowfall. You are under .25-.5, which we hope is the upper end of. If you consider your inch of snow yesterday totaled less or about .10, this will be much better.

I would go with a NAM/GFS compromise, but with probably 3/4 leaning towards the NAM. So with that said I would go with 0.5" of QPF for Cape Cod, MA, especially far northeastern tip of the Cape from Orleans to Provincetown WED night into Thursday, 0.35-0.40" of QPF from Hyannis, MA to Chatham, MA and then 0.20-0.35" of QPF from Hyannis to the Canal. So in general a good 2-6" of snow for the Cape and Islands as the 9z SREF have continued to increase probs for the region. WWA from Bourne to Chatham, with warning possible for Orleans to Provincetown. Right now should go with a watch for Barnstable county to cover this potential. Or even a SPS.

Me too, haha. Right now it is falling as snow flurries, so I hope that continues. I wonder how much that feature holds together.

I dunno. It'd be a total b**ch if it effed up the commute again tonight. Looks like it might be nosing in towards PWM right now. I think the surface temps here may be warm ... haven't checked lately.

I dunno. It'd be a total b**ch if it effed up the commute again tonight. Looks like it might be nosing in towards PWM right now. I think the surface temps here may be warm ... haven't checked lately.

Yeah, it won't be like that, everyone is betwen 36 and 39 right now. If it comes down hard enough though, they will drop.

Archived