• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

dave i finally made it down some "respectable" runs.....not real respectable...but heck ralph's run is a good time for me so far. i'm on my way.

also what do you do during vaca times with bronze pass....kinda stinks for the week after xmas

:thumbsup::ski:

Congrats dude.

And I don't know about Wachusett, but at a lot of ski areas you don't even want to ski the week after Christmas. The ski areas are just packed with people during the Christmas to New Year time period that it really does have a negative effect on the ski experience when compared other time periods. The crowds cause the longest lift lines of the season, trails get skied off and icy quickly, the lodges are packed, parking lots filled, etc...but a blizzard would throw that out the window. Then it would be worth putting up with a lot of people for lots and lots of fresh pow lol. There appears to be a pretty good chance WaWa gets at least some snowfall early next week (and possibly a very significant amount of snow), so it might be worth seeing if you can buy a pass-holder discounted lift ticket for a day or two haha.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wachusett gets terribly crowded during peak, and cpick has yet to witness the infamous Lot 3 parking/bus crowds

So far this season, the furthest I have had to park is row 7... It gets ugly there once the kiddies get on it.

Later on in late Feb or early March it slows again

Yesterday was really great. No lines, plenty of terrain for the place, friendly people.

It will be good for them and the big places to get nailed soon though

Oh wow, Gray just came out with snow likely, accum around an inch...The only possible reason I can think of is warming comes in, but I thought temps were cooling tomorrow, and it is at night? I don't understand...

Matt - GYX bumped you and I to 1-2 for Wednesday night (as we thought). I look for that to increase tomorrow, too.

:thumbsup::ski:

Congrats dude.

And I don't know about Wachusett, but at a lot of ski areas you don't even want to ski the week after Christmas. The ski areas are just packed with people during the Christmas to New Year time period that it really does have a negative effect on the ski experience when compared other time periods. The crowds cause the longest lift lines of the season, trails get skied off and icy quickly, the lodges are packed, parking lots filled, etc...but a blizzard would throw that out the window. Then it would be worth putting up with a lot of people for lots and lots of fresh pow lol. There appears to be a pretty good chance WaWa gets at least some snowfall early next week (and possibly a very significant amount of snow), so it might be worth seeing if you can buy a pass-holder discounted lift ticket for a day or two haha.

Deep snow>back country> X-mas week = the best way to go

21z SREFs cut back on the >1" snow probabilities significantly. Cut them in half about from the 15z run.

I didn't follow them all that closely in tight on the last event but I didn't think they handled it all that well. I don't recall that they ever had much of a probability for 4+

NAM still wants to hit parts of Maine and maybe coastal NH and NE MA pretty hard well. Maybe the upper cape gets into it to. Unless it pulls everything south in later runs I'd expect a trace to maybe an inch here at best.

Fa la la la locking in 1-3'' here.

Looks like a good light snow for NH/ME. Coastal NE MA should get in on it too and the upper cape Race/Eastham.

I'm not sure about the rest of us. There's a pretty strong hint to me that there will be one intense band in the mix. Just too early to tell where. May also be a band that runs way out in front of the main shield later tomorrow.

But the trend of cutting this to nothing to the SW continues. I may even just miss, I could see a situation with non-accumulating snow falling.

Looks like a good light snow for NH/ME. Coastal NE MA should get in on it too and the upper cape Race/Eastham.

I'm not sure about the rest of us. There's a pretty strong hint to me that there will be one intense band in the mix. Just too early to tell where. May also be a band that runs way out in front of the main shield later tomorrow.

But the trend of cutting this to nothing to the SW continues. I may even just miss, I could see a situation with non-accumulating snow falling.

Probably just enough to eff up the morning commute up here. Hopefully enough to lock in a White Christmas too.

Well pretty much status quo with consensus

Looking solid for the first measurable (and maybe even plowable) of the season. Of course, with the fickleness of these things, we could very well end up with nada, so it's tough to be 100% balls to the wall until watching the radar Wednesday night.

Lol, balls to the wall for a 1-3'' event...we're desperate.

Looking solid for the first measurable (and maybe even plowable) of the season. Of course, with the fickleness of these things, we could very well end up with nada, so it's tough to be 100% balls to the wall until watching the radar Wednesday night.

Lol, balls to the wall for a 1-3'' event...we're desperate.

lol ... yeah, when I replied to you a few minutes ago I almost said I was locking in 1-3 but keying on the higher end of it.. WTF?? :arrowhead:

The bigger story is that this should bring a white Christmas for most of NH, all of Maine, and northeast Mass. For me, that is rather important.

Yeah, even though I'm spending Christmas in the torch-land that is S/Central CT, as long as Nashua is snow-covered I'll feel good.

Archived