e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to throw up a map in a bit for fun, taking a peek at EURO, wow did it blow for todays threat, not that it's strongest points are handling small scale stuff like inverted trof's. GFS @ 12z and NAM @ 12z support a pretty solid event for Maine and Eastern portions of New England!

Looks like 1-3'' for a lot of the area...

OK so 12Z GFS looks very good for Maine. They have the snow building in this afternoon and snowing moderately all night until tomorrow. I would be angry just over the border if I lived inland about 15 miles in NH, and ME, the GFS has amounts really dropping off. Us Mainers look like we will get 4-8 inches, 4 near the NH border and 8 near Bangor depending on how cold or warm it gets. I think 6 is actually a good number for Portland since they actually have Portland in the .5-.75 range now. I wouldn't be surprised if a little more than that fell.

No offense taken :P

Starting to see some better banding on the radar as its dropping to the SW, Look to be in line with the models, Intensity looks to be picking up here as it has taken most of this morning to accumalate 3/4".......

Yep, just looking at that. I think this evening will be fun. Once the sun goes down and the heavy precip comes in, the temps should drop.

So 1-3" is a good bet, Scot do you see what the NWS mets are seeing with a potential significant snow band developing for the Outer Cape?

It's not a setup that would produce those good bands we get from coastals, but sometimes you get these 30-40 mile wide bands that have some healthy snows. Like I said, too difficult to pinpoint now, but I thought BUFKIT showed the potential for a nice band like we're seeing now. I'm a little worried about the temps at first.

Archived