12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CCP I worry about a solution that really pounds the M/A and is so intense it doesn't make a lot of N/S progress or wraps almost NW before collapsing ESE.

That is one monster setting up on the NAM, Day After Tommorow type stuff.

I see what you mean, the fact that the EURO is the only model that occludes the low that quickly is a little suspect. Maybe the model's bias is in play and that is a concern. Snowing now, it looks nice outside, still have about 4" on the ground, more where the higher drifts were.

I wonder if that TAN is taking a little while longer with the AFDs to maybe contemplate issuing a WWA for some of the region.

Can see the later night feed setting up.....look SE to NW near Nova Scotia heading into Downeast...... as the mid level feature rotates under us through EPA that will drop SW. Let's hope it can be a pinch stronger and slam that band west before it comes south and rakes all of us.

http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellite/displaySat.php?region=ALB&itype=wv&size=large&endDate=20101222&endTime=-1&duration=5

Can see the later night feed setting up.....look SE to NW near Nova Scotia heading into Downeast...... as the mid level feature rotates under us through EPA that will drop SW. Let's hope it can be a pinch stronger and slam that band west before it comes south and rakes all of us.

http://www.rap.ucar....e=-1&duration=5

Quite possible messenger. Scott mentioned how the patterns with the H5 lows going underneath us tend to overperform. TAN updated local forecast now expect 1-2" tomorrow of snow for Harwich, MA. Still have yet to update the AFD, wonder what they are waiting for.

Disappointing here so far. It's been snowing lightly or flurrying all day, but with zero accumulation. I keep watching what appear to be good returns rotating in from the NE, but the intensity hasn't picked up. With temps at or slightly above freezing, it's basically looked and felt like a drizzly day. The surprise 3" from Monday are long gone aside from a few piles thanks to yesterday's 39 and rain (on strong NW winds!), so it's pretty depressing out there. Get this marine crap out of here....

Disappointing here so far. It's been snowing lightly or flurrying all day, but with zero accumulation. I keep watching what appear to be good returns rotating in from the NE, but the intensity hasn't picked up. With temps at or slightly above freezing, it's basically looked and felt like a drizzly day. The surprise 3" from Monday are long gone aside from a few piles thanks to yesterday's 39 and rain (on strong NW winds!), so it's pretty depressing out there. Get this marine crap out of here....

The main event for the GYX area is still quite a few hours away. Midnight probably. This little prelude is kind of unrelated to that.

TAN updated, mentions that confidence remains low on potential widespread 4" amounts and mention SREF shows zero probs for 4" or more, they got burned by this model with the 12" of snow that had fallen Monday night. No WWA issued.

Given temps and uncertainty I agree with the way they played it. We have no idea where that band will setup. If by 9pm it appears to be more inland great, but right now it hasn't even formed.

Archived