joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The radar really looks like it is getting it's act together now, and snowfall rates should increase. Like others have mentioned, interesting that the 00Z NAM snows for most of NH and southwest Maine until mid morning..?

There's a pretty impressive band moving down through Bangor now. if it holds together, I have it timed to get to Gray at 1:17 in the morning.

Been snowing here for about 16 hours, and I'm up to almost half an inch. It keeps showing signs of picking up in intensity, but then when I look out a few minutes later we're back to tiny flakes adding imperceptibly to our accumulation. Going to need more than this to lock in the white Christmas. Hopefully that stuff up north will hold together.

Been snowing here for about 16 hours, and I'm up to almost half an inch. It keeps showing signs of picking up in intensity, but then when I look out a few minutes later we're back to tiny flakes adding imperceptibly to our accumulation. Going to need more than this to lock in the white Christmas. Hopefully that stuff up north will hold together.

Exactly the same here ... powder sugar snow making for crappy accumulations. If you told me yesterday that we'd be snowing for (and I'm extrapolating here) 24 hours I'd guess we have over 6" easy. Sigh.

Exactly the same here ... powder sugar snow making for crappy accumulations. If you told me yesterday that we'd be snowing for (and I'm extrapolating here) 24 hours I'd guess we have over 6" easy. Sigh.

It's getting there. The stuff just west of bangor looks pretty decent.

I've had putrid snow growth for hours now....ever since that initial moderate band came through 6 or 7 hours ago.

Looks like about an inch and change out there. Hopefully some more intense bands can rotate down overnight and early tomorrow.

Same here, it's a little better now though. 3" for the event. 26/23

Archived