joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better dynamics getting to Bangor now. RUC looks like puke but it's been terrible with this event post the snow Monday.

water vapor looks okay. Entire thing is about to begin to rapidly drop S. We should see some good reflectivities about 10 out off the gulf of maine if tihs is going to happen

I think wv is impressive. Nice burst towards AM.

Churn baby churn, can see the little hook developing east of the Cape as a transient little mid level low tries to close off. Should start to sling precip pretty good to the west and also ramp it up really at any time.

Not sure it's going to really make it into the region in terms of serious precip, but will be interesting to see.

http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellite/displaySat.php?region=ALB&itype=wv&size=large&endDate=20101222&endTime=-1&duration=5

I think wv is impressive. Nice burst towards AM.

Due south of Bar Harbor note the increasing moisture and it getting tossed west now. Weak mid level center trying to form just SSE of there, race is one the moisture needs to get west before the whole thing spins out and moves on its way.

I think that spoke of moisture is where it begins...now we need to see the radar light up.

http://www.rap.ucar....e=-1&duration=5

EDIT: This should have read Rockland ME, not Bar Harbor

Light snow... maybe a half inch, nothing impressive by any means. At least that amount seems to fall pretty much each day around here, would really like to see the snowpack take a 4-5" jump overnight but I'm really starting to doubt that.

Only 3 days so far this month without measurable snowfall. BTV in the valley has had only 5 days without measurable snowfall, with traces still recorded some of those days. The mountain has had measurable snowfall each day this month except one, and a trace was recorded on that day.

White Christmas has been a lock for a while lol :thumbsup:

Archived