Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM just misses the Outer Cape with the heaviest snow band by a mere few miles. I think this could be a case where the band actually does come further southwest then modeled as H5 low closes off to the southeast. I am liking the amount of vorticity involved with this system. It looks real good in the Midwest right now on water vapor imagery. It is 36f now on the outer Cape.

Ray, I would honestly watch this whole thing very carefully if I were you. Expect an inch or so...but these have been known to bust and give you 5-6" too. This has that "look" where it could get you with several inches. A lot of time these setups have very intense bands that are not forecasted.

On the flip side, this coul dbe flurries and a bust...but I'm leaning a bit bullish for your area based on the mid-level setup.

Ray, I would honestly watch this whole thing very carefully if I were you. Expect an inch or so...but these have been known to bust and give you 5-6" too. This has that "look" where it could get you with several inches. A lot of time these setups have very intense bands that are not forecasted.

On the flip side, this coul dbe flurries and a bust...but I'm leaning a bit bullish for your area based on the mid-level setup.

Cool...start of payback maybe.\

Night.....job interview at 1 tmw in Westboro....gotta crash.

GYX forecasting under 2" over three periods for me. Took out mention of snow for weekend as well. Mistakes on both ends, imo.

Big big mistakes...The two recent runs of the GFS look very good for us today. It's obvious they are riding the GFS for the weeekend, but almost all other models show the weekend storm. Whatever happened to model consensus. Also, if they are riding the GFS, why give such low snow amounts for this event? I don't get it..

OK, it's officially ridiculous, Gray has 1-2 inches forecast for me north of Portland, ME, which includes tonight in the banding and heavier snows I get, and Burlington has White River Junction, VT for 1-2 inches, on the western fringe of the storm. I gurarentee we get more than 3 inches out of this.. NECN this morning has Portland under 7 inches...

Archived