Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Fall 2013 Banter Thread

Snow_Miser

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With daylight savings ending, we'll have one less hour in the morning before sunrise, doubt nyc will get to 32.

;) lol

hahahahahaha, fantastic post.....though I think the broadcaster who said that a few years ago stated "We have one less hour of sunlight now so the days are colder."

I'm hopeful because of EPO ridging and the Aleutian ridge but we'll see I guess. 

The Aleutian ridge is useless and a detriment to us if it's low latitude. However it can be beneficial if it's poleward enough (see 1993-94). Our best cold/snow patterns generally coincide with Aleutian troughs in Nino-like regimes.

I will post this in the banter thread since it's a long range forecast.

The latest NAO forecasts are predicting a neutral to negative NAO developing around the last week of November. The forecast also calls for a rise of the PNA to near neutral or slightly positive. Both of these developments will make the teleconnections more favorable for the first time this young season.

The long range GFS has been hinting at storminess beyond day 14 in the east. In fact, the 11/11 06z GFS has a nice noreaster' developing off the SE coast just in time for Thanksgiving.

While it's to early to say that the pattern might finally be shifting towards more favorable, it's encouraging to see the long range ensembles flipping just in time for December.

The long range GFS has been hinting at storminess beyond day 14 in the east. In fact, the 11/11 06z GFS has a nice noreaster' developing off the SE coast just in time for Christmas.

I think you meant Thanksgiving. Unless you have access to some new long range version of GFS model, talk about fantasy range then, haha.

Considering starting a separate topic on this but will post it here for now concerning the drought the last few months - we are well on our way towards a top ten dry fall. It seems the GFS wants to give us over an inch and a half of liquid next week BUT it has been doing this all fall predicting precip amounts in excess of 1 inch in the 16 day range then backing off as we approach the event - lets see how it does with the predictions for next weeks event...... 

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KEWR

Looks like the timing is going to be just off for T-Day week but I think the goods will be delivered before Christmas.

Looks like a -NAO/-PNA setup going into December which isn't ideal but could work.

Snowy Dec/Jan followed by an early wrap up to the winter is ideal for me.  Once spring training starts my snow desire goes to 0.

Snowy Dec/Jan followed by an early wrap up to the winter is ideal for me.  Once spring training starts my snow desire goes to 0.

For me it depends on what type of season we've had. If December and January/February deliver the goods I'll be fine wrapping up the snow season March 1st.

Nothing beats that day in March when it gets above 60 for the first time and everything comes back to life.

Archived