• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fall 2013 Banter Thread

Snow_Miser

I don't think Don is canceling anything. He's only citing what the teliconnectors are indicating in conjunction with the analogues. He feels the EPO negative state will relax mid month resulting in a torched east due to the +AO flexing its influence. Historically, he's shown that the analogues do not maintain a -EPO for more than 30 days. Of course it's happened and it could happen this year but the odds of that are less than those of it becoming predominately neutral or positive. It could be another rough winter snow lover wise.

I pretty much agree with Don S. But the Euro ensemble mean show some ridging working from NE of Greenland. That might prevent a prolonged torch over the Northeastern US for mid-month.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, I'd say that the chances of the NYC / Long Island area seeing at least 4 inches of snow during this December are fairly good. 

Hey everybody, I was wondering if someone here could help me out. Does anyone know a website that would give information on winters around the NYC area before records began? Or if something such as a list of winter storms from the 1700 and early 1800's exist? I know there were eyewitness reports from folks back in the day and I'm just curious to read them. Thanks in advance.

the operational models tend to show wacky things in the long range. some of us have known this for over 10 years

And so? Of course when that whackiness fits your trollish agenda for the last 12 years plus on weather message boards, the long range output is perfectly accurate with it's depictions right? :rolleyes:

Hey everybody, I was wondering if someone here could help me out. Does anyone know a website that would give information on winters around the NYC area before records began? Or if something such as a list of winter storms from the 1700 and early 1800's exist? I know there were eyewitness reports from folks back in the day and I'm just curious to read them. Thanks in advance.

The Great Snow Of 1717

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Snow_of_1717

And check out Don S's personal accounts PDF from an older New England thread

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=13205

Is the ice impact forecasts a specific product for certain NWS offices or is that a nation wide graphic?

NWS Memphis has an ice impact chart that I don't recall ever seeing before.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/meg/?n=ice_impact_index

The forecast shows a strip of catastrophic icing just north of Memphis

IceDamageIndex_F36.png

spia-index-web.jpg

Is the ice impact forecasts a specific product for certain NWS offices or is that a nation wide graphic?

NWS Memphis has an ice impact chart that I don't recall ever seeing before.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/meg/?n=ice_impact_index

The forecast shows a strip of catastrophic icing just north of Memphis

IceDamageIndex_F36.png

spia-index-web.jpg

Looks experimental.

Someone tell Lonnie Quinn it is not currently 21 below zero in Denver, CO.

While I have respect for him as a person, he is a terrible met, well, he's not even a met. Falsely given the title of. Yesterday on the 5 o'clock news he said it was 7 below in Denver, when that was completely wrong. Turns out when I checked out later, that was the wind chill. IMO, CBS 2's whole weather team sucks, get some real mets in there please. The so called "meteorologists" they have don't even know what they're talking about.

While I have respect for him as a person, he is a terrible met, well, he's not even a met. Falsely given the title of. Yesterday on the 5 o'clock news he said it was 7 below in Denver, when that was completely wrong. Turns out when I checked out later, that was the wind chill. IMO, CBS 2's whole weather team sucks, get some real mets in there please. The so called "meteorologists" they have don't even know what they're talking about.

Bring back kasper

• 10 months later...

Archived