• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
September 2013 OBS

wx n of atl

49° yesterday & 51° this morning in Weaverville. High yesterday was 72°! Signs of fall are starting to show up more and more.

Gorgeous, Im coming back down Don but to Boone area in a few weeks. Looking forward to some nice fall mountain wx.

We got down to 42* here in Northern VA this morning, was gorgeous with the windows for sleeping

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorgeous, Im coming back down Don but to Boone area in a few weeks. Looking forward to some nice fall mountain wx.

We got down to 42* here in Northern VA this morning, was gorgeous with the windows for sleeping

I envy you Dave!.....you are traveling.....ahh nevermind :poster_oops:;) My oldest daughter is a senior @ App. Should be some pretty views up there in the high country around that time. When you make it back to Asheville let me know and we will have lunch or dinner if time permits. Anyhow back on topic high today was 76° with a touch more humidity. Still a wonderful day & GSP doesn't get us out of the 70s for highs all week.

I envy you Dave!.....you are traveling.....ahh nevermind :poster_oops:;) My oldest daughter is a senior @ App. Should be some pretty views up there in the high country around that time. When you make it back to Asheville let me know and we will have lunch or dinner if time permits. Anyhow back on topic high today was 76° with a touch more humidity. Still a wonderful day & GSP doesn't get us out of the 70s for highs all week.

Nice Don and Dave. Going to be a beautiful week around here. Both Saturday and Sunday we had a low of 45 degrees. Currently sitting at 55 degrees. Watching the NAO take a tank towards the end of the month. Don I am going to start the 2nd annual Mountain snow thread come October unless you want to start it off.

Nice Don and Dave. Going to be a beautiful week around here. Both Saturday and Sunday we had a low of 45 degrees. Currently sitting at 55 degrees. Watching the NAO take a tank towards the end of the month. Don I am going to start the 2nd annual Mountain snow thread come October unless you want to start it off.

It's all you 85, you did a great job last year & you will have obs before I do. I know I was spoiled by 2009-2010, 2010-2011 winters snow, but after the last 2 years I would at least like to have a decent storm this winter.....so get it going & make it happen!

I am looking forward to that mountain snow thread! :)

Great weather up top over the weekend for the change. The temps were mostly in the 40's..topping out in the low 50's and was out of the cloud most of the time for a change. The wind made it quite chilly especially since I forget to bring my winter gloves!  It appears that highest temperature for 2013 is going to be only about 74 degrees now that coolers days are ahead. 

Attached are a few pics from the weekend up top. I added a couple pics of the NASA weather station at my place. They have added more instruments..now have a fancy solar powdered dual rain gauge..all protected by a solar powered electric fence to keep out those pesky bears. (Speaking of bears..see pics of Mama bear and her 3 cubs from this weekend on Clingmans Dome)  Enjoy! 

post-9361-0-54414200-1379332265_thumb.jp

post-9361-0-48703700-1379332286_thumb.jp

post-9361-0-57247300-1379332299_thumb.jp

post-9361-0-50259600-1379332305_thumb.jp

post-9361-0-53993200-1379332549_thumb.jp

I am looking forward to that mountain snow thread! :)

Great weather up top over the weekend for the change. The temps were mostly in the 40's..topping out in the low 50's and was out of the cloud most of the time for a change. The wind made it quite chilly especially since I forget to bring my winter gloves!  It appears that highest temperature for 2013 is going to be only about 74 degrees now that coolers days are ahead. 

Attached are a few pics from the weekend up top. I added a couple pics of the NASA weather station at my place. They have added more instruments..now have a fancy solar powdered dual rain gauge..all protected by a solar powered electric fence to keep out those pesky bears. (Speaking of bears..see pics of Mama bear and her 3 cubs from this weekend on Clingmans Dome)  Enjoy! 

Mike: 

Do you have a public link for the weather observations at your site?

Thanks for the pictures.  They are great !

Mike: 

Do you have a public link for the weather observations at your site?

Thanks for the pictures.  They are great !

Thanks! No..not yet. The disdrometer will be automatically uploading the data to the internet sometime in the near future but currently it must be manually downloaded via lap top. The rain gauge data is stored on site and must be periodically retrieved. Sometime in the next few months I hope to install my own Davis weather station up there that automatically sends data via solar powered cell connection viewable to all using the new "Vantage Connect" (Alternatively-another interested party may do this task along with the installation of a webcam.) 

:lol:  Dont envy me, you live in the middle of it all in WNC. I envy you lol.  Yeah hoping this time the high peaks wont be socked in with fog and no more :raining:  perhaps maybe see some :snowwindow: fall. I know Im reaching now lol. Yes next time I visit AVL I will PM ya and we can gtg. enjoy your awesome weather this week down there. Perfect time if year in WNC

Thats some sweet fall air sitting at 45* two days in a row. With the NAO tanking end of the month when Im there, that could spell for some chilly air. Would be perfect it happened that way. I'll be looking forward to your mountain snow thread too Met. :)

Archived