Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 2013 OBS

wx n of atl

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad it has dryed up some but could use some rain for the grass. Mowing yesterday I noticed the grass is turning brown and blew some good dust clouds out the side discharge port.

This is the first time this summer season the grass has been brown. :axe:

Yep, same here!  The 4.25 for Aug. (which wasn't all that great) has all dried up with the .02 for Sept.  The ground is hard, the vegetation is squeaking, and the sprinkler runs for hours to keep the separated and transplanted strawberry plants alive. 

One thing I can say though, is the leaves look to be turning in a waxy way, not a fall off the tree early way.  I think this will be a banner color year, if we get some cold air in.  They are not all crispy like in the no rain years, but waxy like they are drying, but slowly, and carefully, lol.  Tony

Lol. Yup about the same here. Depressing to see nice looking storm cells with warnings on them and by the time they get close they vanish. Maybe some of that rain can re organize that is back in SW VA, WV with the actual front before it clears through.

3 drops per foot.

Nice severe cluster north of Danville earlier collasped of course now the gust front is moving through. Atleast its breezy. :axe:

Havent had a chance to post about this since dinner, but that storm that raked kernersville at 5:00 to 5:30 was NUTS! I was just on the northern edge of a rapidly building storm. Went from virtually no wind to a monsoon in about 5 minutes. The dry lightning in advance of the HEAVY rain was crazy! Huge bolts. The updraft must have been monster to hold up the size of those raindrops. Once the first drop fell it was like standing under a waterfall. Didnt rain too long, maybe 15 minutes, but the wind managed to clear out a few trees that turned early and my yard had some sizable puddles. Really an impressive storm to watch as it grew overhead.

Temps and dps have really fell this afternoon. Sitting at 67 degrees atm. Such a beautiful Friday and Fri evening. The way the dps are wouldn't be totally impossible for temps to be in the upper 40s come morning. But the saving grace may be the mixing of the atmosphere with the winds.But who knows may not be implausible.

Other than the few spits yesterday still sitting at .12 for the month.

Temps and dps have really fell this afternoon. Sitting at 67 degrees atm. Such a beautiful Friday and Fri evening. The way the dps are wouldn't be totally impossible for temps to be in the upper 40s come morning. But the saving grace may be the mixing of the atmosphere with the winds.But who knows may not be implausible.

Other than the few spits yesterday still sitting at .12 for the month.

Feels great here as well. Back yard temp at 71 and dropping. Opened all the windows. Hopefully we'll be able to leave them open for at least a few days. Monday looks a little warm with temps in the low 80s but still low humidity. Cools back to 70s after that.

Feels great here as well. Back yard temp at 71 and dropping. Opened all the windows. Hopefully we'll be able to leave them open for at least a few days. Monday looks a little warm with temps in the low 80s but still low humidity. Cools back to 70s after that.

I do too since about 3 this afternoon just after the secondary front went through. A few days? Lol dunno about you but it may be well after next weekend before the AC is needed again. Like you said monday with the humidity looks tolerable... just turn on the ceiling fans. Around here monday looks maybe a tad warmer but by not much if not at all. Just depends on the amount of cloud cover durring the day. I hope I can go over a week without the AC... like back in August. The electric bill was lower and my back pocket really liked that.

Archived