joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2013 OBS

wx n of atl

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as I feared, I just checked and it's still August. Dang it. :( I'll check again later.

Thanks, CR.  When I walked outside this morning, I couldn't tell for sure.  I began to get out my star charts and sextant to evaluate the planetary alignment, but then I bet that you had already figured it out for me; so I decided to just come on this board and check to see if September had arrived yet.  You saved me a lot of work this morning.  I appreciate it.  After wx n of atl opened this thread, I wasn't sure what to think.  My days and nights turned upside down.  I've been locked in a perpetual state of disorientation.  I will press on and make it through this period, though.  And, you're assurance of the true date is in fact quite therapeutic.  Again, you have my deepest gratitude this morning.

:D

Thanks, CR. When I walked outside this morning, I couldn't tell for sure. I began to get out my star charts and sextant to evaluate the planetary alignment, but then I bet that you had already figured it out for me; so I decided to just come on this board and check to see if September had arrived yet. You saved me a lot of work this morning. I appreciate it. After wx n of atl opened this thread, I wasn't sure what to think. My days and nights turned upside down. I've been locked in a perpetual state of disorientation. I will press on and make it through this period, though. And, you're assurance of the true date is in fact quite therapeutic. Again, you have my deepest gratitude this morning.

:D

:lol: Well, then my work is done for the day then. And for the record, star charts are the best!

Now its September! Lol.

Summer weather continues... again no rain as of late. Wasn't really expecting any yesterday. Did have a weak light show last night from the west. But that faded away into leftover clouds.

84 atm with dp 72 with strong sun. DPs around here have been high over the last week or so. Usually daytime been ranging 70-74.  Seem to be playing monkey in the middle.....storms to the south and east and off to the west in the foothills. It may try to fill in later stretching from Danville to Charlotte but not holding my breath... but time will tell.

Happy first day of meteorological fall :hug:

89/62 currently imby.....it's h o t

Thanks! You too. :). I'm at Myrtle Beach this weekend with family and it is HOT. My father in law and I played par 3 at Cane Patch this morning and it was hot and muggy. Golf is much more fun at 70 and overcast. Of course, birdies and pars have an impact on the amount of fun as well. :)

Nice light rain west of Atlanta ... depending upon where you were you got heavier (but still sub-SVR) or perhaps even zilch.

The approaching line started to fall apart as it hit Douglas County, but it seems to be reconnecting in bits now further south.

We had maybe 1/4".  The clouds have broken up to the point that I have light rain still falling, with bright sunlight reflecting off the wet leaves.

Looking like a interesting afternoon across NC. Have 4 clusters spread through the state with an enlongated boundary running e-w parrelling I-40. As time progresses I'd say a pretty good bet that the top half of NC will get some kind of rain wether light or heavy IYBY this afternoon and tonight....just as long as you're near or north of I40.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=rax&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Looking like a interesting afternoon across NC. Have 4 clusters spread through the state with an enlongated boundary running e-w parrelling I-40. As time progresses I'd say a pretty good bet that the top half of NC will get some kind of rain wether light or heavy IYBY this afternoon and tonight....just as long as you're near or north of I40.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=rax&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Things a popping around me. Several severe and flash food warnings. 

Yeah it is. The storms been riding I40 big time this afternoon and evening. But there is a combo of leeward trough/surface low in SW Va which should help start pulling that band northward. Depending on how late it is and how much engery but there probably be another band that could push through the southern areas all the way to the coast.

Things a popping around me. Several severe and flash food warnings. 

Edit: Storms popping and thunder crackling... that northward movement has begun.

Good looking band of showers and storms along almost all the I-85 corridor in NC. Nothing here today but outflow breezes that cooled it down a little. Almost had a storm, but the closest rain was 2 blocks away towards Smithfield. Looks like everything tonight is going to stay North of here. *sniffle*

Good looking band of showers and storms along almost all the I-85 corridor in NC. Nothing here today but outflow breezes that cooled it down a little. Almost had a storm, but the closest rain was 2 blocks away towards Smithfield. Looks like everything tonight is going to stay North of here. *sniffle*

Its coming just give it time. Dont count ya eggs before they hatch. If it holds steady then what is west of Charlotte is in the order.

Archived