EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
2nd Half of August WX Discussion

Quincy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The general rule is if they recurve out there you see a trough in the East 6-10 day later. It's a JB rule that actually works.And if they move west you generally don't see any troughing in the Eastern US

That to me says any troughiness shown by modeling is likely incorrect

Actually, Kevin, the re-curve is not correlated nearly as well in August as it is in November/December. 

The reason being that with summer having shortened wave lengths over-all, any such teleconnector would have different spatial implications post absorption of TC latent heat into the westerlies.    

It looks like we go into a very extended above normal pattern over the next 30 days or so. That doesn't mean big heat, just a constant above normal theme. The last of the cool mornings today for some time and days in the 80's with an occasional 90 sprinkled in. Not exactly how you want September to look

How about for precip?

told you guys last year nothing better than a country concert for talent

I imagine Dave Matthews Band probably brings out some girls with skills.  Just don't think I could sit through one of their shows.  lol

When I was 15 I saw the Scorpions and was just dumfounded by the hot women in tight outfits.   A then unkown act called Bon Jovi opened up for them.

Archived