e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
2nd Half of August WX Discussion

Quincy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here. Saw one good CG and that's all she wrote. I'd rather speculate about what September could bring. Talking about how bad this summer was is driving the knife deeper in.

September is generally a terribly boring month around here meteorologically unless the tropics want to play. 

We had several severe storms and weak Tor's in the humidity of July. June was lost to cool and wet

Seeing that "fake-nado" would've made my next 2 summers. June sucked, and this month isn't bad temperature wise, mainly because it's less humid. July was great torch wise, but the swamp ass dew points and lack of t-storms got old fast.

Seeing that "fake-nado" would've made my next 2 summers. June sucked, and this month isn't bad temperature wise, mainly because it's less humid. July was great torch wise, but the swamp ass dew points and lack of t-storms got old fast.

We suck for storms. Embrace winter.

This New England forum hypes winter like crazy. A typical 1-3" event gets the hype of a blizzard here, no joke.

Exactly.  The only reason it's embraced is b/c when it comes to snow everyone, or mostly everyone gets in on it.  When it comes to convection, not everyone is fortunate to see anything so that's why summer is "boring" to them.  

When it comes to convection people love to compare our region to the mid-West b/c they get so much more but they won't compare our region to other locations such as the mountains in the west to snow.  If you do bring that up they will just say nobody lives there so it doesn't matter.  

Unless you happen to live in higher elevations or northern New England...winters here aren't as great as people make them out to be.

unless you get near 90 inches , oh wait 2011 2013, winter is great for the soul. The Feb and March Blizzards by far topped any 15 min Tstorm we had this year, cmon sustained 50 plus with 6 per hour,thunder,lightning. Please nothing more exciting. If you judge winter just by inches of snow you are missing a lot. Winter always produces excitement outside and inside.

unless you get near 90 inches , oh wait 2011 2013, winter is great for the soul. The Feb and March Blizzards by far topped any 15 min Tstorm we had this year, cmon sustained 50 plus with 6 per hour,thunder,lightning. Please nothing more exciting. If you judge winter just by inches of snow you are missing a lot. Winter always produces excitement outside and inside.

I will say I have seen some awesome winter's.  95-96 I remember, the blizzard in 2006 was awesome here, 2011 was FANTASTiC, and then the blizzard last year.  I've seen 3 20''+ snowstorms 

Unless you happen to live in higher elevations or northern New England...winters here aren't as great as people make them out to be.

The point is winter storms and winter in general don't disappoint nearly as much as our stupid summers do. Eventually people will learn and stop going bonkers over slight risk days.

The point is winter storms and winter in general don't disappoint nearly as much as our stupid summers do. Eventually people will learn and stop going bonkers over slight risk days.

the number of days I saw possible spinners on day x posted here outweighed all the Tor reports this summer tenfold.

That's b/c winter storms and systems affect a much larger area than convection does and the majority of people here don't care about anything unless it affects their backyard.  Even out in the mid-west there are mod/high risk days where someone doesn't experience anything...convection is much smaller scale. 

Outside of the CT River Valley the hills hold snow so it's more of a season here than in the valley.  There's times that it's a different world up here between times that it snows here and not in the valley.

Outside of the CT River Valley the hills hold snow so it's more of a season here than in the valley.  There's times that it's a different world up here between times that it snows here and not in the valley.

Well in the winter everyone expects 6-10''...in the summer nobody expectds anything 

That's b/c winter storms and systems affect a much larger area than convection does and the majority of people here don't care about anything unless it affects their backyard. Even out in the mid-west there are mod/high risk days where someone doesn't experience anything...convection is much smaller scale.

If you expect anything noteworthy here, 8/10 times you will be disappointed. Probababy even more. That's great if people are severe enthusiast like yourself.....nothing wrong with that, but there is a lot more that needs to go right getting anything more than a few CGs as compared to

Getting a winter storm in SNE.

Archived