• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Decided to see what the CFS is up to

BullCityWx

The CFS is likely a little too fast with development here. Since blocking will just be in the initial stages of becoming reestablished, after a few months' break, the flow will likely be just a touch too fast to allow for substantial phasing. Move this back about 4 or 5 days, and we're in business.

With a weak El Nino taking shape and a decently energetic northern stream, we'll likely see a better opportunity for enough slowing of the flow to allow for a phasing, deepening storm to ride up with coast, with a nice cold High building into the Plains, around January 4th.

Man I'm right on the edge of .25 precip.... maybe it will shift 50 miles to the west on the next run......

How much for Elizabeth City?

Who wants to start the event thread :whistle: ...

The CFS is likely a little too fast with development here. Since blocking will just be in the initial stages of becoming reestablished, after a few months' break, the flow will likely be just a touch too fast to allow for substantial phasing. Move this back about 4 or 5 days, and we're in business.

With a weak El Nino taking shape and a decently energetic northern stream, we'll likely see a better opportunity for enough slowing of the flow to allow for a phasing, deepening storm to ride up with coast, with a nice cold High building into the Plains, around January 4th.

Well played, by all!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think you all are forgetting that the CFS has a slight west bias out in this time frame. The more likely solution would be for it to completely miss the OBX and slam New England. But the good thing is that there is plenty of time for this to trend in our direction! :santa:

Some early reports of flurries in Wilkesboro but we will have to wait 4 months to see if this verifies.  Local spotter reports that the sky has been sufficiently healed and bird activity indicates snow. 

It might take until December 31st for the skies to heal after this summer!!!!

I think we are in a good position for this one in the western Piedmont right now.  I love to see the track well off the coast with precipitation well off to the east.  I think we have plenty of room to play with when the inevitable northwest trend commences.  If I were to make a call map right now, I'd paint 18-24" over most of the western Piedmont with 12-18" in the mountains and rain to 6-12" of snow back towards Raleigh.

• 1 month later...

Archived