12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August 2013 Observations And Discussions

bluewave

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's impressive for it to be in the low to mid 70s in mid August with mostly sunshine. A similar feat was reached back in July 2009, but this is still not that far removed from the peak of summer averages, will see how low it gets tonight. My coolest so far this month was just under 59F or about 58.6 and the forecast calls for 55F.

I'm more curious to see if the city drops below 60F. 

It's impressive for it to be in the low to mid 70s in mid August with mostly sunshine. A similar feat was reached back in July 2009, but this is still not that far removed from the peak of summer averages, will see how low it gets tonight. My coolest so far this month was just under 59F or about 58.6 and the forecast calls for 55F.

I'm more curious to see if the city drops below 60F.

Most suburbs will definitely get into the 50s. This will likely be the coolest night of the month for many.

The models have been going back and forth with this, we'll see if does'nt change. I don't think it will anything out of the ordinary for summer

59 the low so far in Central Park. Enjoy it the cooler weather. The latest models suggest a heat wave developing late next week:

2dj1b8i.jpg

It's possible we  see some delay, backdoor cold fronts or MCS activity. But the overall model trends has been towards West-North American trough and higher 500mb heights further east. I think temps will at least get into upper 80s and low 90s, by the end of next week.

We may have a few days that get that high, don't think it will be prolonged heat.

The period 8/21 - 8/26 wouldnt surprise me if we saw multiple 90 degree readings even in the park but certainly the other metro areas (LGA, TEB, New Bnswk, etc...)

I think it's very likely most places will be in the 90s for 1-3 days, possibly the last heatwave before the summer heat fades away and will be quite a system shock with these past cool days. 

Unless the models back off on the heat, some mid 90s are a possibility for the usual hot spots. 

I think it's very likely most places will be in the 90s for 1-3 days, possibly the last heatwave before the summer heat fades away and will be quite a system shock with these past cool days. 

Unless the models back off on the heat, some mid 90s are a possibility for the usual hot spots. 

Honing in on the 8/21 - 8/23 period.  Heights look higher in the east with strong ridge into the end of August.  We'll  see how much of the negative departures could be removed.

Honing in on the 8/21 - 8/23 period.  Heights look higher in the east with strong ridge into the end of August.  We'll  see how much of the negative departures could be removed.

the record low for this date is 54 set in 1964...After August 20th temperatures reached 90 or better seven times before October...then a very cold first part of October before a warm ending...four of the five coolest mornings for this date had 90's later on...

1964.....54.....at least seven 90 degree days after August 20th...

1963.....55.....no more 90's and September 63 was a top ten coolest month...

1921.....56.....96 in early September...

1893.....58.....90-93 on Aug. 25-27

1927.....59.....92 on 9/15 and 90 on 10/2

2013.....59.....???

What, no one wants to talk about the beautiful weather? What a day :). Low this am 61 after a low yesterday of 55 IMBY.

We've had more than our fair share of stretches of perfect weather.  We've also had that one stretch of awful mid-70s dew points.  Been a weird summer but not exactly hot.

Archived