12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Early August Wx Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few of us are not surprised.  And it looks like it lasts well into September when we don't want it anymore.

I don't think anyone really is surprised.  I think most people were calling for a return of some heat and even said they'd be surprised if it didn't.  Like others have said, it sets the table nicely for this winter and it's not going to be real bad - it's late August.  I'm glad it's coming.

Meanwhile, the awesome stretch of weather that we're having keeps rolling along.  I haven't heard a single complaint from anyone like I was hearing in early July.

It's funny how the early turning trees stand out.  There's 1 or 2 here which is kind of surprising.  They usually start after the 15th.  Peak is technically about 2 months away.

Pete is already raking leaves, while MPM is running the tractor over the yard sucking up the leaves. They've had two frosts already.

I don't think anyone really is surprised. I think most people were calling for a return of some heat and even said they'd be surprised if it didn't. Like others have said, it sets the table nicely for this winter and it's not going to be real bad - it's late August. I'm glad it's coming.

Meanwhile, the awesome stretch of weather that we're having keeps rolling along. I haven't heard a single complaint from anyone like I was hearing in early July.

No one is surprised. Summer doesn't just turn into 75/50 type days in late July and then last through August. There is always a "mild up" after that type of cool summer weather. It's just like a warmer version of an Indian Summer...but instead of after the first frost.

The step down process starts to slowly happen though...the huge heat nd humidity won't have anywhere to the staying power as it did in July.

August is now a winter month.

If this winter ends up being a torch, we can just blame those who wanted a record July of high dews and heat. Obviously the July heat must have gotten stuck in the circulation and will cause record high dews all January. Only water coming out of the snow guns this year thanks to those who wanted a hot summer.

If this winter ends up being a torch, we can just blame those who wanted a record July of high dews and heat. Obviously the July heat must have gotten stuck in the circulation and will cause record high dews all January. Only water coming out of the snow guns this year thanks to those who wanted a hot summer.

Lingering high dews will keep the wet bulb 0 line north of the Pike all winter.

The WAR finally looks like it makes some progress westward on the ensembles...and more importantly, the big western ridging becomes flatter which reduces the troughing on the east coast.

However, this does not look like a big heat episode pattern where we'd get multiple days of 90+, it looks more like the typical late August warm and humid type pattern. We'd have to watch any tropical stuff too. Potential Sultan signal if we had remants over the SE US.

The WAR finally looks like it makes some progress westward on the ensembles...and more importantly, the big western ridging becomes flatter which reduces the troughing on the east coast.

However, this does not look like a big heat episode pattern where we'd get multiple days of 90+, it looks more like the typical late August warm and humid type pattern. We'd have to watch any tropical stuff too. Potential Sultan signal if we had remants over the SE US.

yeah agree - i don't think it's a return to the first half of july...just a switch from what we've had the last 20 days or so with such a predominant NW flow....more typical S flow with ridging to our east and a bit of troughing at times to our west to help out with that.

I could see where the ridge rolls over one or twice and helps some heat come east but not prolonged. 

I've been away for a few days but please tell me you folks are in the midst of a tongue-in-cheekathon and I'm late to the joke ?

I've been away for a few days but please tell me you folks are in the midst of a tongue-in-cheekathon and I'm late to the joke ?

No joke...there's this new AMS paper that just got released that correlates July dews with January dews. It states that if New England sees abnormal humidity in July, something in the greater circulation patterns causes enhanced periods of 50F dews south of the Pike in January. The author is Professor Tolland McBaldie.

No joke...there's this new AMS paper that just got released that correlates July dews with January dews. It states that if New England sees abnormal humidity in July, something in the greater circulation patterns causes enhanced periods of 50F dews south of the Pike in January. The author is Professor Tolland McBaldie.

That needs to be someones screen name.  :lol:

Archived