EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Late July Pattern Change - Wx Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, the GFS really wants to clear everything out of here towards late week, shunting everything eastward. 500 is all that different with feature placement, its just the Euro really amplifies the trough and allows that s/w to round it just enough to spread precip up the east coast.

I feel like the Euro is holding things back a bit much (per its bias), but I also think the GFS has been too progessive over the last few weeks. Any thoughts?

As long as the Euro is too amped up with that wave for Friday... what a beautiful low dew stretch we have coming up. 

I'm a little worried about the Euro...would love to get the rain out of the way now and get a nice 3-4 days of dry comfortable weather. The cooler temps are nice now, but you can't really do much outside with the threat of rain. Ensembles looked a bit east so that was good.

I'm a little worried about the Euro...would love to get the rain out of the way now and get a nice 3-4 days of dry comfortable weather. The cooler temps are nice now, but you can't really do much outside with the threat of rain. Ensembles looked a bit east so that was good.

Yeah me too. 150 miles east on the Euro like the GFS and we have a gorgeous stretch of late July weather coming up. The remaining torch twin is very quiet lol. 

I didn't really understand why the BOX AFD said there was only a marginal amount of cape (near1000 j/kg). I just want to see a storm with good CG.... this season has been miserable here in mby. 

Well on their CHH sounding sure, but that's not the air mass advecting in this afternoon.

Wow... nice! We had about 1 1/4". Was actually sort of needed. 

Yeah the epic Drought of 2013 was threatening to make a comeback. Thankfully we got this rain to avoid repeating all the damage we had in the spring.

Archived