mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Late July Pattern Change - Wx Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro ensembles do hint at the WAR trying to grow again westward around 8/6-8/7...obviously really far out, but I would be surprised if it didn't come back. We usually see a couple 'bouts of it in late summer and early fall anyway.

Euro ensembles do hint at the WAR trying to grow again westward around 8/6-8/7...obviously really far out, but I would be surprised if it didn't come back. We usually see a couple 'bouts of it in late summer and early fall anyway.

GEFS slightly hints at that too. Operational runs have also. You're right though in regards to a couple late warm ups but in regards to prolonged heat waves, at least for us here, is done-zo. I'll take a few more days in the low 90s though. Fingers crossed.

Repetitive pattern. WAR Nd heat, relaxation and rain and humid, starting cycle to ramp it back up by 8/5? Kevin would love it her, swampy wx never gives up in summer.Good luck with your high heat call beginning 8/5 loop it http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/list_files_area.php?model=gfs&cycle=00&area=atlantic&param=500_vort_ht

Original call was 8/7-14 but its prudent to move it up 2 days. Good luck using an operational d13-15 run as a counterweight....lol. Maybe it's right.

Busy day here but back home tonite...yay!

Original call was 8/7-14 but its prudent to move it up 2 days. Good luck using an operational d13-15 run as a counterweight....lol. Maybe it's right.

Busy day here but back home tonite...yay!

you are right Ens are better at long term loop ithttp://moe.met.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/ecmwf-ensmeantc2.cgi?time=2013072400&field=Sea+Level+Pressure&hour=Animation

Yeah the epic Drought of 2013 was threatening to make a comeback. Thankfully we got this rain to avoid repeating all the damage we had in the spring.

Oddly, Northampton just put a city wide water ban in effect starting today due to the lack of rain in July and worries about the resevoirs and Mill River.

I guess the 3"+ the night before was not enough.  lol

Oddly, Northampton just put a city wide water ban in effect starting today due to the lack of rain in July and worries about the resevoirs and Mill River.

I guess the 3"+ the night before was not enough.  lol

Sometimes you just have to shake your head at some peoples decisions.  It's kind of like people running their sprinklers before a heavy rain just because it's dry and they don't either know or believe the forecast.  It's probably one of those occasions where the public official is assuming that because it's been dry that the 3" was a fluke and it will continue to be dry.  Either that or they just like to wield power over people regardless of reality.

Sometimes you just have to shake your head at some peoples decisions.  It's kind of like people running their sprinklers before a heavy rain just because it's dry and they don't either know or believe the forecast.  It's probably one of those occasions where the public official is assuming that because it's been dry that the 3" was a fluke and it will continue to be dry.  Either that or they just like to wield power over people regardless of reality.

Mass Dept. of Environmental Protection regulates the city water supply.  According to their rules, if the Mill River runs at less that 26.3 cfs for 3 consecutive days the water ban kicks in and stays in place until it exceeds that flow for 7 consecutive days.  So even though the river is high right now they have to wait 6 days.

Pretty chilly day... low 60s in town, and 40s up at the summit (with 30-40mph NW winds) even though we are getting some breaks of sunshine.   

It really has an autumn flavor to the day out there... breezy, generally overcast but with some sunny breaks from time to time.  Raw.  I'm digging it today... I wish we were turning a real corner, but this is just a tease in July.

Still in the mid 50s back in upstate NY.  Impressive temps for it not being raining.  Haven't seen a day like this up here in quite a while...maybe early June?

Archived