joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 4th Extended Weekend Weather Discussion

Quincy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, that's like 2/3 of the year where it can't even be used. Yet maintaining the thing is like having a second or third job in the summer.

I agree that it's too much effort to maintain a pool for a few months of use out of the year...but I certainly would never discourage a friend from taking up the task on their own property  :devilsmiley:  between our neighbors and several of my son's friends with pools we have some good options. not quite as convenient as having it in the backyard...but certainly less time consuming. As for the heating issue...we know several people who are able to get their pools temps to the mid 80's by late June just by being good about keeping the cover on when it's not in use. No heater needed. 

I agree that it's too much effort to maintain a pool for a few months of use out of the year...but I certainly would never discourage a friend from taking up the task on their own property  :devilsmiley:  between our neighbors and several of my son's friends with pools we have some good options. not quite as convenient as having it in the backyard...but certainly less time consuming. As for the heating issue...we know several people who are able to get their pools temps to the mid 80's by late June just by being good about keeping the cover on when it's not in use. No heater needed. 

Agree...boats and pools are great...if you have a friend with one.... :whistle:

always give credit where credit is due...

don't know how far south it will make it...but the BD is into NE MA now and it's pretty strong. Rockport lost like 10F in 15 min. good call by BostonWX on the BD being underdone on guidance.

Breeze coming in off the ocean now in hull.

Hahaha, yeah if you have a friend that has a pool then that's the way to go I guess. Propane is really expensive so having it heat via the sun is also the way to go.

How is it not worth having a pool? This isn't Nunavut.... We average in the 80s for much of the summer. Certainly not at 2k+ feet in CNH and NNH, but the coastal plain of SNE? For sure, and that goes for southern Canada as well especially around Montreal imo. I wouldn't say a pool isn't worth it unless I was Quebec City or points north. (Or at a high elevation in NNE) 

Idk, it just doesn't seem worth the effort to me. I never said we don't have pool weather it's just the window is kind of small. Again, that's just my opinion.

this might be one of those cases where logan goes E and drops into the upper 60s / lower 70s...but someone on the common or out toward fenway has no idea it's

"officially" that cold in the city.

Yeah could b. Not sure where it washes out. I think it'll make it to near MQE eventually.

Congrats to allon the heat advisory. 

Who is this "all" you are referring to?? I think you meant "some".

Currently,  68.9/68 at the Pit.  Got up to 81.4 yesterday--certainly will be warmer today.

Now up in my old stomping grounds of Bath, ME getting ready for the 5-mile race.  Actually, I won't be "ready", buit I'm doing it anyway. 

post-462-0-88753100-1372936650_thumb.png

Archived