• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July 4th Extended Weekend Weather Discussion

Quincy

It sure wasn't up to Five Islands in Georgetown before 2:00.  was enjoying my lobster and steamers on the dock--the car therm was reading 86.

Not bad now on the in-laws now shaded deck over the Kennebec in Bath with a breeze (note c-pick's comments in the ohter pinned thread).

Meanwhile, back at the Pit, temps backed down from the 88.2 high to the current 87.0/71.  Will be back there later tonight.

Struggled into PWM and knocked the temp from an oppressive 90/73 to a much more comfortable 87/73.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very comfortable out now in the shade, cold brew and a breeze.

High humidity trapped in old house for the night.

Sucks because when it's cool outside, it takes the entire night for the house to get cool - all the way to morning - even with fans.  A.C. on in bedrooms, even when it's cool outside. 

Misery continues.

High humidity trapped in old house for the night.

Sucks because when it's cool outside, it takes the entire night for the house to get cool - all the way to morning - even with fans. A.C. on in bedrooms, even when it's cool outside.

Misery continues.

get a dehumidifier, works wonders

A 88.3 high at the pit w dp in 70's wow. Mike what is warmest u have got to at the pit 92?

I think that's right---from one of the really warm days last year/prior when some folks neared the centruy mark.

No, probably parts of SNE.

What's that supposed to say?

71.3/69

Nice to get the ridge on it's way:

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...

-- Changed Discussion --

UPPER LEVEL RIDGE AND WEST ATLANTIC SURFACE HIGH REMAIN IN PLACE TODAY...BUT WITH SIGNS THAT THEY WILL BE SHIFTING SOUTH AND RELAXING THEIR GRIP ON SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND.

I think that's right---from one of the really warm days last year/prior when some folks neared the centruy mark.

What's that supposed to say?

Really neat storm last night--described in the other pinned thread.

71.3/69

I think storms will be scattered, but not relegated to western areas. Seems like SNE may have a better shot than areas just to the north, but like I said..probably just scattered stuff.

I think storms will be scattered, but not relegated to western areas. Seems like SNE may have a better shot than areas just to the north, but like I said..probably just scattered stuff.

Oh-- You might want to edit and add "all" to the post lest others will ask the same question.

Did Bryce like the beach?

Just took a walk out back--the pumpkin tooks some major strides over the last two days.  I just go confirmation that its seed was from the 2009lb world record pumpking that won at the Topsfield Fair.

Oh-- You might want to edit and add "all" to the post lest others will ask the same question.

Did Bryce like the beach?

Just took a walk out back--the pumpkin tooks some major strides over the last two days.

Yeah he did, but it was almost too hot for him I think. Didn't really nap much.

Warmth or no warmth, the chores must go on.  Heavy mowing and heavy cutting/splitting today/tomorrow

I was driving out in MPM's hood earlier this year and came across this eerily large pile of split wood with sounds of split wood behind it and a man mumbling, must keep splitting, must keep splitting, rain or snow, warmth or no warmth, must cut and split.

post-1511-0-19356700-1373112139_thumb.jp

Just kidding, but seriously, MPM has the never ending battle vs his pile of unsplit logs.

I was driving out in MPM's hood earlier this year and came across this eerily large pile of split wood with sounds of split wood behind it and a man mumbling, must keep splitting, must keep splitting, rain or snow, warmth or no warmth, must cut and split.

attachicon.gifsplit-wood.jpg

Just kidding, but seriously, MPM has the never ending battle vs his pile of unsplit logs.

LOL.  Lawn enthusiass will be happy to know that I'm going to start on the lawn.  Save the real work for the heat of the day.  :)

attachicon.gifsplit-wood.jpg

Even Google time lapse has picked up on the deforestation.

amazon.gif

LOL.  Lawn enthusiass will be happy to know that I'm going to start on the lawn.  Save the real work for the heat of the day.  :)

I dropped and cleaned up a dead White Pine yesterday morning and it was quite brutal.  I have another one to do but probably won't do it right away.  Mowing the lawn sounds nice though.

Archived