Newest Member
    joxey
July 4th Extended Weekend Weather Discussion

Quincy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beach with babies is brutal

Personal favorites are pushing stroller through quicksand, and sand in bathing suits. Not to mention the arcade tantrum when it's time to leave.

85 here already, not sure the dew but it's a several roll day for every member of the family. That much is certain

Personal favorites are pushing stroller through quicksand, and sand in bathing suits. Not to mention the arcade tantrum when it's time to leave.

85 here already, not sure the dew but it's a several roll day for every member of the family. That much is certain

I shudder at the memory.  You spend so much time prepaing and then you can only stay there for an hour because the sun's too strong for the baby; conistant questioning whether the omnipresent seagulls present a danger to the baby.  Sand everywhere, no one really has any fun.  Meanwhile, all around you are folks having fun--care free mugs and jugs.

I shudder at the memory. You spend so much time prepaing and then you can only stay there for an hour because the sun's too strong for the baby; conistant questioning whether the omnipresent seagulls present a danger to the baby. Sand everywhere, no one really has any fun. Meanwhile, all around you are folks having fun--care free mugs and jugs.

You know it, pretty much my exact thought process. Much better to go off peak with young kids who need your attention at all times.

84/72

Blazing but sooooo nice to have bright sunshine. Yard has dried out nicely already.

I'm returning from ME tomorrow night--eager to see how the full sun helps my giant pumpkin along.  T   The recent rains haven't hurt it like I feared they would.

I'm not sure how hot it is here, but the car was reading 80* when I was driving at 10:00a.m., so it's probably not too far off from the Pit's current 81.7./76.

Looks like a hot one on tap for today--only made it down to 70.0 overnight, so a high launchpad. Headed back to the pit this evening. Nice to have gotten back up here. Peaceful morning on the deck over the kennebec. Large fish breeching and splashing. Strikers? Sturgeon? In another hour or so all hello will reak loose when the boaters wake up. Now very placid, ftw.

Archived