joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 4th Extended Weekend Weather Discussion

Quincy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone excited about the backdoor front potential tomorrow? Logan looks to drop off sharply around noon. Shouldn't make it far past 495

i don't think it makes it past the NH seacoast during the day...maybe winds can turn onshore at logan tomorrow night...but going to be really hard against this flow for it to do much at all. would washout and return north very quick on wednesday. at least, that's my take. 

i don't think it makes it past the NH seacoast during the day...maybe winds can turn onshore at logan tomorrow night...but going to be really hard against this flow for it to do much at all. would washout and return north very quick on wednesday. at least, that's my take. 

I think its being underdone. I think we see a sharp dropoff in the early afternoon. It is hinted at on meso models

Yep. I'd wager it comes in early afternoon tomorrow around Logan. KTAN/KOWD will cook imo

well...i'd never say never with weather...and especially with a windshift at Logan...but i guess i just don't see it. i think it's possible the wind flips there in the evening or at night for a short time, but i'm not even sure it will be felt. 

Time to hibernate.

Pretty much been doing that since earlier in the month when we had a couple nor' easters.

The pattern upcoming is pretty boring. Not warm enough for any record breaking heat...humid enough to feel crappy outside...and horrible lapse rates and lack of a dry/cool front coming in to provoke any good severe. The only interesting potential is really some flash flooding from the combo of high PWATs and slow moving convection.

Hopefully we get under the ridge center just enough to keep July 4th free of any rain/thunderstorms.

Oh :lol: My mom's got a pool too. It seems like way too much of a hassle for the short season that we have. There's no point in having a pool north of the M-D line imo.

Agree....unless it's heated.   Even at that, my neighbor's heated inground pool is not in use from mid Sept to mid May

Exactly, that's like 2/3 of the year where it can't even be used. Yet maintaining the thing is like having a second or third job in the summer.

How is it not worth having a pool? This isn't Nunavut.... We average in the 80s for much of the summer. Certainly not at 2k+ feet in CNH and NNH, but the coastal plain of SNE? For sure, and that goes for southern Canada as well especially around Montreal imo. I wouldn't say a pool isn't worth it unless I was Quebec City or points north. (Or at a high elevation in NNE) 

Archived