Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

850mb temps on the GFS drop to 6-8C. Could see some record lows for anyone directly under the surface high.

850 mb temps below 0C north of the border is pretty impressive. After this there are signs that the heat builds back and perhaps in a big way.

After this there are signs that the heat builds back and perhaps in a big way.

Hugging the day 9-10 0z Euro?

Ensembles say hold on a minute. They're warm, but nothing earth shattering. Major or highest heat stays to our west/southwest. 

Some very impressive Northern Michigan temperatures today ... no doubt aided by their lack of rainfall this summer compared to the rest of the midwest.

We'll see if any intra-hour temps bump these higher:

Munising hit 95

Cadillac hit 96

Traverse City hit 94

Banged 93 here today and at Sterling.  MLI languishing as usual at only 91.  Dews have been in the 72-74 range, but nothing crazy.  So far we haven't had any ridiculous dews like I thought we might this summer after all the spring/summer rains.  We need to get a boundary to stall out east/west to the north to help pool the moisture.  Maybe Fri.

Currently 85/78, this might be one of the highest dewpoints I have seen here while working which is over 4 years. Heat index of 97 as well.

There was a 78*F reading a couple summers ago (I wanna say 2005). The air temperature was 95*F. Enough that a lake breeze t'storm was able to break through the otherwise solid cap.

Detroit during that observation had a higher dewpoint than Miami (77*F).

There was a 78*F reading a couple summers ago (I wanna say 2005). The air temperature was 95*F. Enough that a lake breeze t'storm was able to break through the otherwise solid cap.

Detroit during that observation had a higher dewpoint than Miami (77*F).

Our dew point has been higher than Miami since yesterday around noon.

Archived