Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind a weird lake breeze boundary going on now. It weaves it's way back and forth along the IL shoreline and in WI it's almost non-existent! No lake breeze in Milwaukee.

92° for the high here today.

I've got 97F...  might have hit 98F between obs..  dew has crashed..down to 65F...

Wow, It's roasting out there in the valley!

Mid 70 dewpoints all day here.  :axe:

Hopefully won't be seeing near 80° dewpoints tomorrow or Friday.

If things work out correctly (Limited cloud issues/no storm issues), Friday might make it up to 96/97. The combination of warmer UA temps, compressional warming ahead of the front and an already warm airmass might be enough to do it. ...Then add in that it's been a bit dry lately too.

If things work out correctly (Limited cloud issues/no storm issues), Friday might make it up to 96/97. The combination of warmer UA temps, compressional warming ahead of the front and an already warm airmass might be enough to do it. ...Then add in that it's been a bit dry lately too.

This and southwest winds gusting to ~30 mph all factored in to why I went 96 for ORD/MDW and downtown on Friday. A few 97s are sprinkled in over the city in the P & C. After today hit 94 and 95 at ORD and MDW, feeling more confident in a few spots hitting the upper 90s on Friday if convection/cloud issues dont arise earlier in the day as you suggested.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hottest day of the year here today.  Hit 96, 95 at MLI.  95 so far at Sterling, but may have made it higher between the hours. 

Sterling ended up hitting 97. 

They must have fixed the NAM's ridiculous temp output that they had going on all last summer.  It's been pretty decent, and if anything a bit conservative with surface temps this summer from what I've seen.  Even for Friday it shows temps staying at or below 95 for many of us.  This time last year it would have shown a few 105 and 110+ lollies with this setup.

Excessive Heat Warning now in effect for all of SEMI:

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI935 AM EDT THU JUL 18 2013...DANGEROUSLY HOT AND HUMID CONDITIONS PERSISTING THROUGHFRIDAY....A STRONG HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM IS RESULTING IN AN EXTENDEDSTRETCH OF HOT AND HUMID CONDITIONS. VERY HUMID CONDITIONSCOMBINED WITH TEMPERATURES RISING INTO THE MID 90S WILL RESULT INHEAT INDICES AROUND 105 DEGREES THIS AFTERNOON. IN ADDITION...OVERNIGHT RELIEF FROM THE HEAT WILL BE MINIMAL AS HUMID CONDITIONSPERSIST AND LOWS HOLD IN THE UPPER 70S. SIMILAR CONDITIONS AREEXPECTED TOMORROW BEFORE A COLD FRONT PROVIDES RELIEF FOR THEWEEKEND.MIZ047>049-053>055-060>063-068>070-075-076-082-083-190400-/O.UPG.KDTX.HT.Y.0001.000000T0000Z-130720T0000Z//O.NEW.KDTX.EH.W.0001.130718T1335Z-130720T0000Z/MIDLAND-BAY-HURON-SAGINAW-TUSCOLA-SANILAC-SHIAWASSEE-GENESEE-LAPEER-ST. CLAIR-LIVINGSTON-OAKLAND-MACOMB-WASHTENAW-WAYNE-LENAWEE-MONROE-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MIDLAND...BAY CITY...BAD AXE...SAGINAW...CARO...SANDUSKY...OWOSSO...FLINT...LAPEER...PORT HURON...HOWELL...PONTIAC...WARREN...ANN ARBOR...DETROIT...ADRIAN...MONROE935 AM EDT THU JUL 18 2013...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT FRIDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED ANEXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDTFRIDAY. THE HEAT ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. * HIGH HUMIDITY AND MAX TEMPERATURES IN THE MID 90S THIS   AFTERNOON RESULTING IN HEAT INDICES AROUND 105 DEGREES. * LITTLE OVERNIGHT RELIEF WITH HUMIDITY PERSISTING AND LOWS IN   THE UPPER 70S. * CONTINUED HOT TOMORROW WITH HIGHS IN THE LOW TO MID 90S   RESULTING IN HEAT INDICES OF 95 TO 105 DEGREES.IMPACTS...  * HEAT STROKE...HEAT EXHAUSTION AND OTHER HEAT RELATED ILLNESSES    WILL BE POSSIBLE...ESPECIALLY IF YOU SPEND A SIGNIFICANT    AMOUNT OF TIME OUTDOORS...OR ARE INVOLVED IN ANY STRENUOUS    OUTDOOR ACTIVITY. THE CUMULATIVE EFFECTS OF HIGH DAYTIME HEAT    INDICES AND WARM OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES CAN TAKE A TOLL ON THE    HEALTH OF PEOPLE LIVING IN AREAS WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... * TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS...IF YOU WORK OR SPEND TIME OUTSIDE.WHEN POSSIBLE...RESCHEDULE STRENUOUS ACTIVITIES TO EARLY MORNINGOR EVENING. KNOW THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HEAT EXHAUSTION ANDHEAT STROKE. WEAR LIGHT WEIGHT AND LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING WHENPOSSIBLE AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.TO REDUCE RISK DURING OUTDOOR WORK...THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY ANDHEALTH ADMINISTRATION RECOMMENDS SCHEDULING FREQUENT REST BREAKSIN SHADED OR AIR CONDITIONED ENVIRONMENTS. ANYONE OVERCOME BYHEAT SHOULD BE MOVED TO A COOL AND SHADED LOCATION.  HEAT STROKEIS AN EMERGENCY - CALL 911. * PREPARE...PLAN...AND STAY INFORMED. VISIT   HTTP://GO.USA.GOV/RR8

I have been doing some more traveling. Yesterday I was in Akron/Canton. My car said it was 96 in downtown Akron. Also I was in Columbus. It was still 87 degrees at 11:00 at night, away from downtown Columbus. Darn! (86 degree values on Wundermap for this area at 11:00PM.)

RAP 4-hr forecast shows 105 heat indices in several eastern states.

post-1182-0-28095000-1374167435_thumb.pn

Archived