• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

I think I have a shot at 100F tomorrow... lower dewpoints and warmer 850s...very dry around here (lawns are brown all over my neighborhood now)

96F today. 

LSE always seems hotter than surrounding sites for some reason, so it's possible. 

Looks like 92-94 here tomorrow and Thu, and maybe 95-97 Fri as we bake under the cap.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an absolutely disgusting morning out there. I don't know how people in Dallas or Miami can take this kind of weather for 4 or 5 months.

They get used to it and their bodies adjust. Ever wonder why you see people down there wearing coats when its in the low 60s.

Yeah I couldn't stand months of this types of weather. 

Almost 90° out now. CU are helping shade things outside again. Would be nice to get a pop-up shower, but then the dewpoint would probably go up. Probably better it stays dry till Friday.

Any temp between 60F and 75F is fine by me..  I'm a ***** when it comes to these warms temps, hiding in the AC on days like today.  Sure i'll go out, i'll bike in it, etc...but i still don't like it.  Plants love it (my pumpkins are growing like crazy)...    Getting a lot of clouds here, but still plenty of sun...already in the low 90Fs...   making that run for 100f. 

70-90% of normal for a 2 week period following a prolonged wet stretch isn't that dry

I should have added, "to the west of here more so". Noticed a few burned grass spots on slopes a little while ago, but nothing widespread. 

91° at 1:30pm. Lake breeze approaching.

Archived