• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
June 24-? severe weather discussion

Ian

Maybe I was initially correct, then incorrect, but since I was correct earlier does that make it okay? 

now it's firing up again.. it's running into pretty primed real estate for this time of night.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLCAPE okay and LL Lapse rates nice... but shear atrocious on that sounding

no shear equals pulse pulse pulse.. but the sfc environment is great for this late or even any time around here. not sure we get a ton of lightning without sustaining updrafts though. maybe there's enough anvil stuff tho.

MLCAPE okay and LL Lapse rates nice... but shear atrocious on that sounding

no shear equals pulse pulse pulse.. but the sfc environment is great for this late or even any time around here. not sure we get a ton of lightning without sustaining updrafts though. maybe there's enough anvil stuff tho.

That section moving SE at DC has a ton of lightning with it, that's probably the strongest part of the line right now.

That section moving SE at DC has a ton of lightning with it, that's probably the strongest part of the line right now.

Yeah tops got a lot better coming out of the hills plus there was stratiform anvil stuff up there. I have to wait till its in DCLMA range since I'm too cheap to pay for data. Still prob somewhat isolated?

Worked the O's game and over at the outside bar after the game, I would never have even looked at the radar except for reading Ian's thoughts earlier today. Regardless of how this plays out over the next couple of hours, props to you, Ian.

Days like this are tricky but once a big batch congeals to our northwest it's worth watching given the surface environment and mcs tendancy to bend SE. I'm guessing a lot of people just don't pay enough attention.

Archived