wxmeddler

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still holding with prev. call.

So it's looking like:

Round 1: Warm Front - 3-5 AM - Small Hail, Lightning

Round 2: Ohio Valley MCS - 7-9 AM - Lightning, Up to severe criteria winds

Round 3: Sct. Supercell potential - 10A - 2P - Hail, wind, tors.

Round 4: Cold Front - 2-7P - Severe criteria damaging winds.

Well the cold front is lagging well back to the southwest through KY, if you want round 2, tell this line to get a move on.

Got it... yeah for storms moving at 50-60mph they definitely seem to be taking their sweet time getting here

You need to check out the water vapor loop.  There is a noteworthy amount of dry air working in behind this line.

I don't know.  We have a trailing stratiform region well back into WV and storms again in OH.  This isn't a day where we can afford to wait around until 5 or 6pm for initiation.  I'm very skeptical we see any sun prior to the afternoon storms. 

I don't know.  We have a trailing stratiform region well back into WV and storms again in OH.  This isn't a day where we can afford to wait around until 5 or 6pm for initiation.  I'm very skeptical we see any sun prior to the afternoon storms. 

Are you on "bust" watch ? :P

could certainly be a day where we should enjoy the nice storms we get now. We shall see, any chance that stratiform area dries up some?

I just moved my car into a parking garage due to the significant hail reported near Westminster. Should get interesting in a little while.

The hubby doesn't have that luxury (he works in Hunt Valley too)

Meh, cell south of Frederick still has eyes on Balt city

Thank you for keeping my hopes up :)

Are you on "bust" watch ? :P

Maybe for high-end severe. 

could certainly be a day where we should enjoy the nice storms we get now. We shall see, any chance that stratiform area dries up some?

Yes, but even if it does, there is no guarantee that the cloud cover diminishes significantly.  Both the RAP and 4km NAM have temps in the mid-upper 80s by 11am.  They've already blown the MCS.

Maybe for high-end severe. 

Yes, but even if it does, there is no guarantee that the cloud cover diminishes significantly.  Both the RAP and 4km NAM have temps in the mid-upper 80s by 11am.  They've already blown the MCS.

Thanks for answer! I will enjoy this line then. 

Archived