amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
June 10-14 Severe/Flooding Wx - Obs, Radar, Warnings, Dmg. rpts

wxmeddler

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as the line and showers push through and it clears off I'd say 60/40 on a decent round 2

Maybe I'm being influenced a bit by Eskimo Joe but I have a lingering feeling that the storms themselves pass with plenty of time, but we remain too clouded over for too long for a super great round 2. We shall see. Atmosphere is pretty juicy even without oto much sun. 

Maybe I'm being influenced a bit by Eskimo Joe but I have a lingering feeling that the storms themselves pass with plenty of time, but we remain too clouded over for too long for a super great round 2. We shall see. Atmosphere is pretty juicy even without oto much sun. 

You need to check out the water vapor loop.  There is a noteworthy amount of dry air working in behind this line.

Lots of lightning showing up near Winchester now.

I will have coffee outside and watch it come in.

Haven't been out so the cloud cover makes me feel like this is a bust.

But I will take the word of the professionals that this wont happen. Ahem.

I, for one, really appreciate the pics on this forum. So keep posting, pls!

Severe Thunderstorm Warning

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGMDC005-013-021-025-131245-/O.NEW.KLWX.SV.W.0068.130613T1207Z-130613T1245Z/BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDSEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC807 AM EDT THU JUN 13 2013THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  EASTERN FREDERICK COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL MARYLAND...  NORTHWESTERN HARFORD COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...  CARROLL COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL MARYLAND...  NORTHWESTERN BALTIMORE COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...* UNTIL 845 AM EDT* AT 801 AM EDT...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WERE DETECTED ALONG A LINE  EXTENDING FROM 9 MILES WEST OF MANCHESTER TO 23 MILES WEST OF  ELDERSBURG...AND WERE MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH. THIS LINE OF STORMS IS  CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAIL UP TO THE SIZE OF PING PONG BALLS AND  DESTRUCTIVE WINDS IN EXCESS OF 70 MPH.* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...  WESTMINSTER...  MANCHESTER...  HAMPSTEAD...  GAMBER...  ELDERSBURG...  REISTERSTOWN...  OAKLAND...

Archived