Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
June 10-14 Severe/Flooding Wx - Obs, Radar, Warnings, Dmg. rpts

wxmeddler

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPC downgrading from MOD to Slight

i thought we were talking about the downgrade from high to mod and the uncertainty of a derecho .. and how that might impact tomorrow locally

Well well... 21z SREF returns  to the idea of a deepening low as it moves across S PA and it has slowed it down some

Between 18z and 21z, low deepens 3-4 mb it would appear as it slowly moves across C PA along the turnpike... at 00z, it is at 996mb just E of PHL

I disagree. Tornadic supercells, tennis-ball sized hail, high storm coverage? Sounds like a moderate if I've ever seen one.

it's early. the wind reports are not very impressive and there is not huge coverage so far. some tornadoes in june isn't that unusual across that region. slight might be pushing it but i've seen slights that look like today so far.

Where's AviationDave when you need him.....just saw a PIREP from within ORDs area reporting mod-sev turbulence and severe clear icing. That doesn't sound too good.

I'm on the phone with my brother at the moment and he is a pilot (small planes).  He took the Lord's name in vain when I told him what you said.  He elaborated and said that's a bad, bad thing.

He adds that severe turbulence can be catastrophic.

Where's AviationDave when you need him.....just saw a PIREP from within ORDs area reporting mod-sev turbulence and severe clear icing. That doesn't sound too good.

Yep, you are in for a rough ride with that 1-2 combo.

Pax: ding!

Flight attendant: Yes?

Pax: I think I need another vomit bag or two

F.A.: Hang on, me too.

lol

ill be curious to hear pax talk tomorrow at work when they get off the planes and then they will blame the F.O. and Pilot. WTF lol

EDIT:  that PIREP was over Lansing, Michigan at 150-170 FL

Archived