joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 19th-20 Storm Thread III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understanding its the NAM way outside of its useful range but it may pull a Ukie and bring a bomb back in based on the H5 evolution. Very similar to yesterdays Crazy Uncle who ironically led the charge this time....

Skeptical of any retro, Euro puked all over itself this week, had the retro snows for midweek and never happened, its going to be tough hanging your hat on anything backing in from the northeast, but I hope it happens for you guys up there.

Understanding its the NAM way outside of its useful range but it may pull a Ukie and bring a bomb back in based on the H5 evolution. Very similar to yesterdays Crazy Uncle who ironically led the charge this time....

I thought the same about the NAM, Thats why i made the comment its the Nam, It is still way out there right now, The rest of the 12z suite should start to tell the tale....

Skeptical of any retro, Euro puked all over itself this week, had the retro snows for midweek and never happened, its going to be tough hanging your hat on anything backing in from the northeast, but I hope it happens for you guys up there.

they're tough but we get them. Our (tied for) biggest storm last year was this evolution.

Well, If there is any year that there is going to be retro storms it certainly is this one.....

Yes but it's bad even at 24 hours IMO. The little changes there are the reason it turds out later.

It's the NAM, no reason to climb up on the roofs until after the GFS/GGEM/UK...if they all go east the EC is probably a foregone conclusion.

they're tough but we get them. Our (tied for) biggest storm last year was this evolution.

I understand, I just think more often than not there potential is not realized. Like I said, I hope it works out, my only fear is that it will have a negative impact on the sw for midweek that has some potential.

I'm beginning to lose hope. We need a shift in the 12z runs and the NAM was a bad start.

This went down the model crapper faster than most, how any pro can put any faith in any models is beyond me, glad I do not issue forecasts. Couple of observations, fook radio shows they are the worst bad JUJU inventions ever LOL,Ens mean is just that, very mean,the Euro Ensemble mean is 150-200 miles further offshore than the previous run, what massive ingest would cause this chaos, obviously the numerical guys have to find a way to figure out what went so wrong with either run.

Look at the NAM from 0z to the 12z at 84 hours, it is a shift east everytime. I really do not want to put stock in it, but at this point, can we really ignore it? I may shed a tear later today if it keeps going this way..

Not worth any tears. SOme chuckles perhaps......

Ironically, I'm out now to get snowtires. Might need them come 2011 you know. :scooter:

Archived