joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 19th-20 Storm Thread III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no reason to give up ..sure the bomb is probably off the table..but with snow from Sunday thru Wednesday you'd think some people would be looking forward to that

come on man you really think we will have snow through wed . the clipper will be too far south like the last one thursday .

putting tires on my sled so i can use it ct snow dome is back

Coastal Storm a Northern New England Storm... Clippers Next Week

Dec 17, 2010; 10:01 AM ET

I think we all enjoyed the European model storm of the decade yesterday, but reality has come about in the models that it's a storm that will go off the Southeast coast, then loop back into northern New England.

As I pointed out all week, there are many reasons why a big storm was not going to develop and hit the I-95 cities. No big high to the north, blocking in the wrong position, and a storm track coming in through Southern Cal.

For areas of northern New England (i.e. Boston on north), you will get a good snowstorm of 3-6 inches, with perhaps as much as a foot in places across parts of Maine. It will be a long-duration storm for that area due to the fact the storm will get stuck under the block and has nowhere to go. So once it starts to snow Monday, it may just snow right into Wednesday.

Next week, we are back in the clipper track, and most likely the areas that had the clipper snow yesterday will get the clipper snows next week.

590x443_12171502_severe1.png

their you have to guys herrys forcast

I can foretell this solution pretty easily I think. The low goes way out and curves back in based on where the PV is going. Our last and only hope is that. And I hate to hang on those crazy uncle solutions but I'll take what I can get and be happy with it. Congrats nzucker...the new sage.

Messenger is right. The PV further west is not allowing hts to build ahead of the next one coming on shore. Too many fish in the sea and they're not playing nice. We'll see.

As depicted now it will get about as close as last nights but with the addition of some OES type scruff. This is probably the far eastern outlier run but will it really matter if it comes back 100 miles west for most? Probably not.

Yes had trouble registering with Comcast emails under that name....so I gave up and tried a new one that was the old name. Same spot.

Might add among the doom and gloom what a SPECTACULAR DAY.

Nice, good to have you back.

If today's 12z GFS and 12z EURO whiff, then I think it's safe to say this one ain't happening. Under 72 hours doesn't leave much room for GIANT fluctuations back westward, in my opinion.

Archived