amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 2013 General Discussion Part 2

MidwestChaser

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had a rain/snow mix all day, and Im reminded of what someone said yesterday, its like ice water falling from the sky. SOOO damp/cold feeling. A very CHEAP high of 56F occurred early this morning despite the ENTIRE day being in the mid-upper 30s. So impressive to see afternoon temps some 25F below normal but alas, just seems like we rack up those cheap high temps like no other. This was the 70th day of the 2012-13 season that snow was observed at DTW. First flakes Oct 29th, last(?) flakes Apr 24th.

Headed to tonights Tigers game. This will already be the 3rd game this season at Comerica Park with game time temps in the 30s. Plus they had 2 others in Minnesota so its already the Tigers 5th game playing in 30-some-degree weather. The foreign born players are gonna finally get some thicker blood lol.

We have had a rain/snow mix all day, and Im reminded of what someone said yesterday, its like ice water falling from the sky. SOOO damp/cold feeling. A very CHEAP high of 56F occurred early this morning despite the ENTIRE day being in the mid-upper 30s. So impressive to see afternoon temps some 25F below normal but alas, just seems like we rack up those cheap high temps like no other. This was the 70th day of the 2012-13 season that snow was observed at DTW. First flakes Oct 29th, last(?) flakes Apr 24th.

Headed to tonights Tigers game. This will already be the 3rd game this season at Comerica Park with game time temps in the 30s. Plus they had 2 others in Minnesota so its already the Tigers 5th game playing in 30-some-degree weather. The foreign born players are gonna finally get some thicker blood lol.

A high is a high no matter when it happens in the day time. Nothing cheap about it.

Good luck at the game.... Sounds like no fun though. I'm waiting till mid May before heading to a game.

A high is a high no matter when it happens in the day time. Nothing cheap about it.

I know a high is a high, was just saying the other day when the LAF guys were joking about it...I said the days when our highs are set very early in the morning seem to outnumber those days where the low is at 11:59pm at least 5-1. And lo and behold we get another one today.

I know a high is a high, was just saying the other day when the LAF guys were joking about it...I said the days when our highs are set very early in the morning seem to outnumber those days where the low is at 11:59pm at least 5-1. And lo and behold we get another one today.

And eventually that will average out some as well, that is probably why I don't see it as a significant thing.

Made it to 48º at LAF...18º below the normal high for today.

Rainfall totals at the airport sites in Indiana with this last storm:

BMG: 0.98"

EYE: 1.46"

FWA: 1.33"

HUF: 1.86"

IND: 1.68"

LAF: 1.12"

MIE: 1.20"

1.88 in my tippy bucket. Still had some water across a roadway or two on the drive home from work. This can stop any time now.

Grass is starting to get pretty tall in a few places.  Looks like I'll be mowing this weekend for the first time.  Last year I mowed on March 28, so we're a month behind then.  Trees are budding pretty good, but still far from anything leafing out.  The near 80 degree warmth later this weekend and early next week will change that though. 

Grass is starting to get pretty tall in a few places.  Looks like I'll be mowing this weekend for the first time.  Last year I mowed on March 28, so we're a month behind then.  Trees are budding pretty good, but still far from anything leafing out.  The near 80 degree warmth later this weekend and early next week will change that though. 

I would've thought you would be leafed out down there...  What about flowering?  Are tulips or lilacs flowering?   I figure morels should be everywhere this spring with all this rain.

Archived