• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
April 2013 General Discussion Part 2

MidwestChaser

An interesting observation regarding the state of the trees in the region. Flew from DTW to MDW Sat and MDW back to DTW Mon, and the aerial view is all bare. If you look at webcams (which do not usually have a crisp resolution) it is like magic, around, say, Columbus you see a sea of green deciduous trees (which Im sure arent full leaf but again, very noticeable on webcams) and once you hit Cleveland/Toledo on north its all bare (again, trees have buds, but on a webcam they appear bare as winter). There appears to be a magic line somewhere running through northern IL/IN/OH/etc.

That's the demarcation line that setup during the extreme warmth that happened a few weeks ago.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trees in my buildings courtyard have been green for a week plus

I did notice one stretch of trees when I was in Chicago (I dont know what kind they are) that had green buds to make the trees look green, whereas I havent noticed any of that here. If Im being nitpicky Id say Chicago was several days ahead of us simply by the size/quantity of noticeable buds on the trees (also grass on side of road looked longer), but trust me when I say, the landscape had a very bare look from the sky in both Chicago and Detroit. Wasn't in town long, and I wasnt exactly on a tree-peeping tour :lol:, just using general observations.

Zone forecast for LAF. :guitar: 

.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS...POSSIBLY
MIXED WITH SNOW SHOWERS UNTIL MIDDAY...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE
AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.
CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.

Nice cold front in Amarillo TX. 

Yesterday at 7 PM, it was 86F.  7 hours later (2AM today), it was 33F and snowing.  It eventually dropped to 29F (a new record low), and it has only warmed up to 34F under peak heating.  Crazy for late April.  The high for today (at midnight) will end up being 35F, which is 39 degrees below normal.

Zone forecast for LAF. :guitar:

.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS...POSSIBLY

MIXED WITH SNOW SHOWERS UNTIL MIDDAY...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE

AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.

CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.

If it happens, might be the last time it snows until next winter. Hopefully.

I expected about 70F today...as for YIP...get ready because you will see them 3-6F higher than everywhere else in SE MI pretty much every day.

its awesome because UofM is closest to KYIP and KARB, so I'll always be close to the hottest station in the summer and coldest in the winter :D

Archived