• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
April 2013 General Discussion Part 2

MidwestChaser

You'll get your heat and humidity in due time. Patience my friend. ;)

Chad has spoken. Updated summer outlook calling for a turn toward drier and hotter weather later in summer. Seems shy about calling for any 100 degree days.

Might want to check his claim of temps running above average since fall.

http://blogs.wlfi.com/2013/04/25/summer-2013/

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad has spoken. Updated summer outlook calling for a turn toward drier and hotter weather later in summer. Seems shy about calling for any 100 degree days.

Might want to check his claim of temps running above average since fall.

http://blogs.wlfi.com/2013/04/25/summer-2013/

The only two months that have been above since September, temperature-wise at LAF, have been December and January. That's just outright lying when he says it's been above since Fall. The guy has zero credibility.

But congrats on the heat and drought with this summer. :rolleyes:

It looks overall like a 4-5 day stretch of beautiful weather, then a return back to cooler/particularly wetter times.  Certainly looks pretty good for continued soil moisture, and hopefully tacking on enough rain to avoid the worst of any drought concerns that could crop up over the summer.

While it will certainly be a heckuva lot better than the cold crap we've been getting, the Euro continues to gradually back off the upcoming warmth.  It has moved the cool pocket farther north into our area this weekend and then brings the front farther south early next week.  The result, verbatim, is Tuesday would be the only day we see 70.  That's pretty sad for a late April warm spell.  Hopefully it's underdoing the warmup.

We started near freezing again this morning.  The temp is up to about 50, but the wind has kept the day feeling quite chilly.

While it will certainly be a heckuva lot better than the cold crap we've been getting, the Euro continues to gradually back off the upcoming warmth.  It has moved the cool pocket farther north into our area this weekend and then brings the front farther south early next week.  The result, verbatim, is Tuesday would be the only day we see 70.  That's pretty sad for a late April warm spell.  Hopefully it's underdoing the warmup.

We started near freezing again this morning.  The temp is up to about 50, but the wind has kept the day feeling quite chilly.

DTX was talking upper 70's to near 80 by April 30 here a day or two ago but they've backed off about 10 degrees since then. A lot of it depends on whether that low manages to cut off right smack in the middle of the plains though, which is an unusually far west place for flow to get cut off but the Euro's shown it in several runs. I'm sure they'd be happy to have an extended period of rain out there though.

April can be a really long turd and frustrating month here.  it can easily be in the 80's or even 20's/30's for highs multiple days in a row.  April 2003 had a string of 6 days in a row in the low to mid-30's for a high.   April 2002 was a real turd also..  if it wasn't for a 4 day stretch in upper 80's and a few 70's mixed in that month would have been really below normal. 

Nothing is popping here, not even stupid bushes.. Looks like late nov with greening grass.  

lower 50's today felt ok when breeze was down and sun out..  Can't wait to feel the 60's.

Bushes are popping in Kenosha, so not too much longer before they are in Milwaukee.

52° for today with quite a bit of sun after about 1pm.

Happened to peek out a back window towards sunset earlier, and something caught my eye that just didn't seem right.  Stopped and took a longer look and the more I looked at the "scene" out the window the more it just didn't look right.  I quickly realized why it was sort of weird looking.  Usually when the sun is setting so far "right" on the horizon the trees are full of leaves.  Since the trees are still completely bare the lighting just sort of looked weird out there.  It's funny, you wouldn't think you'd even notice something like that, but it definitely was sort of a weird experience.  Hopefully the warmth that finally arrives this weekend gets the leaves to pop out by next week.

Amazing here that we've seen frost on the ground two nights in a row here. Chill at 29F. Will probably see frost on the rooftops tomorrow, April 26th. Chance of May frost?

Definitely (well almost) not your last frost. We don't plant anything delicate until Memorial Day weekend in fear of frost and I'm close to the lake Michigan..  Your avg date of last frost is probably at least week later than mine in May.

I had to laugh at all of the people in the contest thread taking all under for 90° days. What are the odds of every station not getting to average? When the switch gets flipped, there's gonna be a whole lotta sweatin' goin' on.

Nobody got to their average in 2004 and 2009. Only 3 did it in 2008, 7 in 2003, and 3 in 2000. It's not unprecedented. :lol:

At some point, we're gonna have a cooler summer...it's just the law of averages. Three straight warm/hot summers won't keep continuing forever. Remember, Morch was supposed to be the new rule. 2013 had a different idea.

Archived