• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2013 General Discussion

Geos

Will typical spring weather finally arrive in the subforum or do we continue on the colder than normal path?

CPC and NAEFS showing below normal temperatures across most if not all of the subforum overall through April 8th.

Will the presence of a really healthy snow pack over the Upper Midwest and southern Canada influence our weather greatly?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost our 2" of fresh snow by 1pm today with temps that didn't even reach 40.  Snow will have a hard time sticking around for many of you guys that still have snow once temps start jumping up even higher.

Yeah most of the fresh snowfall's in April only last a day - if that! Areas that have glacier's on the ground will be slower to thaw out. I don't expect any early leaves like last year for the first week of April at least.

After the drought deprived many of us of thunderstorms, I hope there is some pretty good thunderstorms to track this coming month!

Hopefully drought areas to the west continue to get the moisture for April.

Thought you were andyhb at first and thought "No surprise there!" lol.

Ha, after this dull March I'm craving some storms and the chance to get out and chase.

On a side note, WI is way over due for a violent tornado so hopefully this is the year

One would think climo and warmer temps would begin to break down the Greenland block.  I guess the question is just how soon. I do like the fact that we have had 80's and 90's in TX recently.  If we can just get the systems to form and have adequate northward incursion of moisture with a more active Pacific jet we might see a much more interesting pattern.

Ha, after this dull March I'm craving some storms and the chance to get out and chase.

On a side note, WI is way over due for a violent tornado so hopefully this is the year

MI has had a much longer violent tornado drought than any other state in the region. It is only a matter of time before that shoe drops. MI hasn't had a F4-5 tornado since 1977 however from 1950 to 1977 there were 17 F4-5 tornadoes in Michigan.

MI has had a much longer violent tornado drought than any other state in the region. It is only a matter of time before that shoe drops. MI hasn't had a F4-5 tornado since 1977. From 1950 to 1977 there were 17 F4-5 tornadoes in Michigan and 0 since.

Interesting because the PDO was in it's -negative phase from the 40s till mid 70s. We are back in it so yeah. Just keep it away from my house and or out in the corn fields and all will be good.

MI has had a much longer violent tornado drought than any other state in the region. It is only a matter of time before that shoe drops. MI hasn't had a F4-5 tornado since 1977 however from 1950 to 1977 there were 17 F4-5 tornadoes in Michigan.

And I thought WI's drought was impressive....we've had 7 violent tornadoes in that time span but if you take out the tornadoes from the early 80's, there has only been 2 in the past 25 years.

1981 – West Bend, F4 (Anticyclonic)

1983 – Iowa County, F4

1984 – Wales, F4

1984 – Appleton, F4

1984 – Barneveld, F5

1991 – Maribel, F4

1996 – Oakfield, F5

Wow that guy is a douche.

Yes he has ruined several other sections in Dr. Spencer's blog posts.

Also, just wait until Disc comes in here and posts (he also has the TCL tornado 249 kt G2G shot as his avatar), then things get really confusing :pimp: .

Who knows what happens later in April, but I do think it starts below normal...

Baseball starts soon!:

Opening day is coming up...Can;'t wait to see the Brewers violate the Cubs again and again ....   Hopefully its really cold/snowing for the Cubs home opener against the Cubs (8th)....Braun is stronger the colder the temps get...maybe they'll move the game to a real park (Miller Park?)

Baseball starts soon!:

Opening day is coming up...Can;'t wait to see the Brewers violate the Cubs again and again ....   Hopefully its really cold/snowing for the Cubs home opener against the Cubs (8th)....Braun is stronger the colder the temps get...maybe they'll move the game to a real park (Miller Park?)

Are the Cubs so bad now that MLB is requiring them to play each other so they win a few games? ;)

Baseball starts soon!:

Maybe steroids work better in the cold.  Either way, I'm a White Sox fan so I don't care what Braun takes to beat the Cubs.  Sox open on Monday and it looks like it will be rather cool out.  I always thought the Midwest teams without domes would be better off on the road to start the season.  Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit and especially Minnesota shouldn't play at home until after the 10th or so.  They lose money with poor attendance in the cold weather and who wants to play in upper 30 degree temps. I can only imagine how miserable it will be in Minneapolis on Monday afternoon.  I'd imagine you still have a fair amount of snow on the ground up there in La Crosse, and for sure Minneapolis isn't going to thaw out for a while. 

Maybe steroids work better in the cold.  Either way, I'm a White Sox fan so I don't care what Braun takes to beat the Cubs.  Sox open on Monday and it looks like it will be rather cool out.  I always thought the Midwest teams without domes would be better off on the road to start the season.  Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit and especially Minnesota shouldn't play at home until after the 10th or so.  They lose money with poor attendance in the cold weather and who wants to play in upper 30 degree temps. I can only imagine how miserable it will be in Minneapolis on Monday afternoon.  I'd imagine you still have a fair amount of snow on the ground up there in La Crosse, and for sure Minneapolis isn't going to thaw out for a while. 

100% natural... :whistle:    Sox?  Could be a rough early season for baseball if this weather sticks around... 

La Crosse?  We have snowcover, but we are steadily losing it...even the front yard is starting to appear again in spots...I would guess that by this weekend we should have most of the non pile/non shaded areas snow free.

I still believe Minnesota made a huge mistake in building that park without a roof.  If it was covered, they could have used it for other functions in the winter...  don't get it (yeah..i know $$$, but still...they are losing money every year with cold/snow/rain/etc)....  April and even May in Minneapolis is no guarantee..  last year was a fluke, not to happen again for a long time...this year=reality...i think

0z GFS still wants to bring down a bunch of cold air late in the run...  not sure if i make 50F or not on this run.

I had a good laugh when watching the local CFTO weather forecast this evening. Tom Brown calling for sunshine and 50F in Toronto on Monday. He said, "you'll want to be outside"

Not according to the latest GFS....

Tom Brown is the worst of the worst. I'd advise you to stop watching his clown ass. EC/Tom Brown are humping the wonderfully reliable GGEM which is more muted with the cold next week.

Archived