joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going to be tough to hit a normal high temp at least the 1st week of this month...extended doesn't look much better. 

Opening day at Miller Park today...thank God for a roof.   Target Field in Minneapolis is going to be a tad nippy.   MSP was sitting around 20F last time i looked.

Too me extended looks pretty promising. Active and at least normal temps

Down to 26 here this morning.  Extended has us approaching 60 by Thu and Fri, and probably in the 60s Sat. 

This day back in 2002 we had an overachieving WAA snow event that dropped around 4" of cement.  Even had thundersnow mixed with snow pellets towards the tail-end.  We were only forecast to get an inch or so, and then reach close to 50 by late afternoon.  The snow held on much longer and we never made it out of the mid 30s.  IIRC at the same time we were getting dumped on the temps in southwest Iowa were in the 80s.  Very strong baroclinic zone. 

EDIT: Just checked southwest Iowa had temps in the 70s not 80s.

130401151450u.gif

This day back in 2002 we had an overachieving WAA snow event that dropped around 4" of cement.  Even had thundersnow mixed with snow pellets towards the tail-end.  We were only forecast to get an inch or so, and then reach close to 50 by late afternoon.  The snow held on much longer and we never made it out of the mid 30s.  IIRC at the same time we were getting dumped on the temps in southwest Iowa were in the 80s.  Very strong baroclinic zone. 

I remember that day. If I recall correctly, we were forecast to hit 60F that afternoon. That never happened since we stayed in the 30s all day.

I remember that day. If I recall correctly, we were forecast to hit 60F that afternoon. That never happened since we stayed in the 30s all day.

Just checked the archived radar page at IA State and unfortunately the DVN radar must have **** the bed that day.  It was offline, or at least the archived data never made it. 

EDIT:  Lack of DVN data must only be for IA State's archives.  UCAR has it...

upper_missvly_200204011730.gif

Maybe Thurs...  NWS shows 54F and that is the avg high for that day..other then that..it looks sunny this week!  This weekend looks like a giant turd...again...

Need a winter jacket out there today.

I think Phil thought February second was the new April Fool's day and CPC went along for the ride with his spring outlook

For those looking for something decent to watch there should be some nice sups developing down in the TX panhandle later today.  Other than that the weather is pretty much zzzzzzzzzz as Alek would say.

There is a enough on the not too distant horizon to keep me engaged...and last weekend really was top shelf.

Down to 28° here this morning. Only about 33-34° right now. At least the snow in gone now - would be colder outside if it wasn't.

Looks like some Pacific getting into the picture after this cool shot.

Just looking at precip for this coming weekend...GFS drops an inch+ of liquid...temps are very borderline, but should be all rain...a very very cold rain...  I smell flooding :flood:

Don't look at 216hr on the 12z GFS! haha

MS River probably won't flood due to it being a bit low, but I'm sure smaller tributaries are going to rise with the next rain event.

Down to 28° here this morning. Only about 33-34° right now. At least the snow in gone now - would be colder outside if it wasn't.

Looks like some Pacific getting into the picture after this cool shot.

We'll probably be in the unfortunate cold rain sector of the system(s) for the next week or two.  Disappointing, but I suppose everyone else will point out it is climo.

We'll probably be in the unfortunate cold rain sector of the system(s) for the next week or two.  Disappointing, but I suppose everyone else will point out it is climo.

Long as we get moisture and keeps the drought from redeveloping, it's fine with me. Maybe we can get the grass greened up later in the week.

Temperature looks to top out at 36°. -14° normal.

Late March into April is generally the true start for the Great Lakes severe season (aside from anomalies like Jan 08) so I don't know what this post is supposed to accomplish other than debby-downing.

Fat?Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not really. They had jackets & sweatshirts on. My neighbor who's in his garage all the time, except if it's a snowstorm or below 20°, wears shorts every chance he gets.

I saw a guy in the grocery store this past Saturday evening in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops. It was 54º at the time. His wife/or girlfriend was dressed a little more appropriately. Still, I see people in the dead of winter wearing shorts in Lafayette. And only about half of them are overweight. I guess some just don't like pants.  

RC mentioned last night that he could see an I-80 warm front stall out scenario coming up. Can't argue against those set ups in April. 

Just noticed there was some snow showers this morning here before I was up.

Edit: A classic stalled out warm front scenario that is seen every spring at least once.

Archived