Newest Member
    joxey
April 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT:

3 grass fires reported around the region.

I remember I think the summer of '05 I think? It got really dry around here, and a grass fire started out of nowhere in this old woman's backyard next door in Allen Park. It's a good thing we noticed it and put it out with a garden hose because it was right next to a wooden garage and fence.

The result of a decently dry March is showing its ugly face around these parts.

I remember early last spring you had some grass fires in the area as well.

Edit: Too wet around here for fires.

Excessive dryness would probably reduce our chances of 80 degree dewpoints. What would you rather have...100 degree temps or 80 degree dewpoints? :devilsmiley:

None of the above?

Nearly a 10 degree spread between Chad and NWS for Saturday. Given the setup with southerly flow and sun I'd be inclined to lean toward the warmer side. Should be our first real shot at 70 this year.

Time to plant the garden. Oh yeah, that was done weeks ago...

Nearly a 10 degree spread between Chad and NWS for Saturday. Given the setup with southerly flow and sun I'd be inclined to lean toward the warmer side. Should be our first real shot at 70 this year.

I'd split the difference and go with around 68°.

Probably will only get into the low 60's out east (MBY).

Made it to 42° today. 

Thursday is currently looking the warmest around here. Point:

Sunny, with a high near 59. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

That 59 looks mighty nice!

Looking up here as well... nothing "warm" but with April sun angle, should see daytime melting and nightly refreezing of the snowpack. 

38F today...

Bow..this was the Fox River this past Friday:

11kdu0l.jpg

For 2.5 days of fishing, they had 5 fish over 7lbs...  biggest being 10pounds...all big females full of spawn...  The boats were so close that they had lines tangled with other fishermen a few times...  At night I guess it looked like the 4th of July (full of boats/boat lights even at 9pm)...  Guys were lining the shore like their was a salmon run.

Archived