Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 2013 General Discussion

Geos

I didnt see anything about snow and ice in the discussion. :P

Neither did I. I was referrimg to the various model solutions of what is POSSIBLE and referencing the diacussion to explain why the forecast was showers and 50s every day.

I doubt it snows here. The warmest solution being the GFS is probably appropriate for this time of year.

Now I'm not saying it can't snow in April but if the GFS was advertising snow, I'd say different.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another large grass fire again here in SeMI. Harsons Island was the newest location and is the 4th large grass fire in this week. Extremely dry conditions and dry fuels continue to create mini fire hazards all over the region. Soil conditions are also rather dry and the prospects of any rain is welcomed. Its been stated before that this is not the best time of year to start drought conditions. 

post-5593-0-62042100-1365127828_thumb.jp

Another large grass fire again here in SeMI. Harsons Island was the newest location and is the 4th large grass fire in this week. Extremely dry conditions and dry fuels continue to create mini fire hazards all over the region. Soil conditions are also rather dry and the prospects of any rain is welcomed. Its been stated before that this is not the best time of year to start drought conditions. 

I actually saw the smoke all the way from Roseville. Pretty impressive. 

I know exactly where this is, the building on the right is Weaver's Market, on M-154 and the dirt road on the left is Vokes, my grandparents live in the NE end of the island directly across from Algonac.

gfs is a big lol...shows like 70F on Weds and has rain from Mon-Weds (well over an inch)...    Like the temps... 

GFS is surging the surface front north through the lakes, but the Euro keeps the front stalled to the south.  Both models are now mild through Monday, but the Euro crashes the temps to the upper 30s Tues/Wed.

I actually saw the smoke all the way from Roseville. Pretty impressive. 

Some grass fires on the local news here as well.  Mainly caused by farmers controlled burns getting out of control with the dry conditions.

Lots of ditch burning going on around me. Most everything has been controlled.

Controlled burnings going on around campus today and tomorrow

GFS is surging the surface front north through the lakes, but the Euro keeps the front stalled to the south.  Both models are now mild through Monday, but the Euro crashes the temps to the upper 30s Tues/Wed.

12z GFS does the same thing, but basically a full day earlier than the 00z and 06z run. With the NAO and AO looking like they'll still be negative early-mid next week, not sure if the system will be able to blast that far north. 

High of only 42° today and that was at 1am before the winds shifted onshore.

61°, 50% chance of showers for my point tomorrow.

Plenty of moisture in the lower Lakes on the 18z GFS in the next 4 days.

gfs_namer_096_precip_ptot.gif

Archived