Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 25th OBS Thread

Guest Patrick

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for a flake in Ramsey. The radar last check is recovering slightly and starting to push a hair northward again. Some heavier echos are also firing up in the Hudson Valley and western CT. Try to figure that one out.

Yeah, those echoes are strange. Can anyone in the LoHud verify this?

If you like to just see snow fall without it actually accumulating then this is the storm for you. It's 34f and snow in old bridge but not even a dusting.

The snow is not heavy enough and it's just not cold enough plus it's at the peak sun angle for late March.

Anybody could see that coming..the way I've been thinking since this storm was starting to get hyped up..no surprise here

Anybody could see that coming..the way I've been thinking since this storm was starting to get hyped up..no surprise here

If the snow came down heavy enough it would certainly stick, especially considering that would cool down the column allowing more to stick in addition to simply having increased rates

Obs thread is the way to go now.  A 25 mile miss in either direction is the difference between nothing and a lot for LI.  Better potential for heartbreak, but still potential for a decent snowfall too.  This could be a bit of an equalizer for the south shore...although I am not sure if that would apply more west or east.

It's a radar watching kind of day.  Bone dry and 40 here.

Obs thread is the way to go now.  A 25 mile miss in either direction is the difference between nothing and a lot for LI.  Better potential for heartbreak, but still potential for a decent snowfall too.  This could be a bit of an equalizer for the south shore...although I am not sure if that would apply more west or east.

It's a radar watching kind of day.  Bone dry and 40 here.

Heaviest band seems to be along and south of 287 from Somerset over to SI, near the Sandy Hook area. Its rotating right over central Middlesex now, hence the accumulations I'm finally seeing.

Temp 33 with light snow (sometimes moderate), i hope that band in southern ocean makes it this far north..

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=DIX&loop=yes

Any accum left in Freehold? The Rt79 and 9 webcam looked like 1 or 2" after that heavy band went through this morning.

Heaviest band seems to be along and south of 287 from Somerset over to SI, near the Sandy Hook area. Its rotating right over central Middlesex now, hence the accumulations I'm finally seeing.

I've been waiting to see some of that consolidating more over north central Jersey; i.e., some more robust banding than has been evident so far.

The ocean south of LI has been looking great, but slow to move.

Archived