Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 25th OBS Thread

Guest Patrick

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed viewing and even commenting on some of your snow events this winter. I don't hold ill will about who gets snow or doesn't. I loved talking with forky, isotherm and many others.  I miss that now with it is so regionalized.

Gettin bit crazy in DC. Cleared off, everything is soaked, car sufaces and wet concrete starting to ice up fast and snow blobs big and small close by and far away.  Hope we all do well next year. 

They don't - plain and simple

Max precip across the area was at .25 at JFK.  Most areas closer to .1.  We had mostly very light rain here (total 0.07" in the gage).  When it came down just a little heavier, it switched to snow.  I may be misinterpreting you, but that seems the opposite of the lesson that you are implying.

FWIW, rain at JFK in a marginal event doesn't prove much.

Max precip across the area was at .25 at JFK.  Most areas closer to .1.  We had mostly very light rain here (total 0.07" in the gage).  When it came down just a little heavier, it switched to snow.  I may be misinterpreting you, but that seems the opposite of the lesson that you are implying.

Models look like they were too wet, which is what i expected at the northern fringe of a strong confluence event. And the lighter precip amounts over long time periods meant either rain or non-accumulating snow. So even if it wasn't technically a miss, effectively it was a miss. Would have much rather had a sunny, average day than the garbage we had ysterday.

Guest Pamela

Had 0.01" liquid here & a trace of snow. 

Archived