northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is being very cautious...nws says no snow....I smell am anti bust and lots of criticism by the public again

True, I decided I would go with either 0 or 6-10" a long time ago. The only way everyone can be wrong is if everyone predicts the same thing.

His first calls often line up perfectly with HPC maps.

I can't remember the last time he's be right in the part of the state. Heck, the NWS has a hard time forecasting here, but I have to give them credit, they still do a pretty darn good job. 

Everyone is being very cautious...nws says no snow....I smell am anti bust and lots of criticism by the public again

I mean, what would you do at this point?  I sat here and thought about it and I think I'd do what they're doing.   How can you trust any model, even King Euro, that paints 4 to 8 inches over us, with a good deal falling during the day?    I'll admit, I'd be nervous about doing it, but the best bet and the most likely outcome is around an inch on grassy surfaces for us and call it a day.  It could snow all day Monday and not one flake sticks.

I mean, what would you do at this point?  I sat here and thought about it and I think I'd do what they're doing.   How can you trust any model, even King Euro, that paints 4 to 8 inches over us, with a good deal falling during the day?    I'll admit, I'd be nervous about doing it, but the best bet and the most likely outcome is around an inch on grassy surfaces for us and call it a day.  It could snow all day Monday and not one flake sticks.

:huh:

If we get 2 inches then Sterling forecast would bust - but they wouldn't care cause it prob wont stick to the roads - and we would be happy because we could add to our already awesome totals for the year. ;)

It's just hard to go with more when the biggest event of the year at DCA was .4.  A lot of areas haven't seen a snow depth above 2" in the last 2 years.

I think road crews need to be on standby, so it is not good for the NWS to go with 0".

Me on the other hand I am going with not 1-6". That is less than 1" or more than 6" but not in between.

I've been out all day and just skimmed 12-18z. Nothing has really changed much. I've been waiting for the rug but it's kinda seems locked for the most part.

24 hours till nowcast. It can't come soon enuf. I'm kinda sick of models.

I am really hoping this is the last of the forecasted model snow for this "winter"... its getting tiresome to see it show up again and again... I would like some 60s please (but doesnt look like we will get it in the next 10 days at least)

Zwyts bolded Randy's 4-8 statement with the huh emoticon... so I posted that to show thats what the EURO shows

Woosh

DT should know better but in social media all that matters is reach. The snow maps have issues in winter let alone spring in an airmass that never gets below freezing. Not sure what's messing with them maybe the cold 850s.

I am really hoping this is the last of the forecasted model snow for this "winter"... its getting tiresome to see it show up again and again... I would like some 60s please (but doesnt look like we will get it in the next 10 days at least)

End of week we will start to get there. 60 on Sunday next?

It will be unless the ao goes negative 15 with a -10 nao. We would need a more anomalous pattern than this. Unless we get a monster miller A. April 3rd? Lol

I was n of Frederick in Walkersville today. I thought the weather was great. Warm sun, shorts, and sweatshirt. I love mid 50s and warm sun. The only bad thing is that it doesn't bring out daisy dukes and halter tops.

Archived