Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fishing fail

Nope. Was a beautiful day on the ice in Mt. Vernon (Flying Pond), and forecasts suggest I might get to drill some holes next Sat - late March is often iffy for safe ice on the lower elev ponds, but not this year.

GYX's morning AFD is bullish, though no accum # or watches yet. They had the foothills lined up for the bullseye; however, I read the same thing prior to both 12/27 and 2/27 - got nice snowfalls but no jackpot - maybe 3rd time's the charm.

Edit: So while I'm typing the above, Eric makes me a liar by posting GYX first draft. All good...

Probably a pelt fest for a while. I do think you may go above 32 for a little bit, but it's not really much of a factor. 

Ironically, the 06z GFS looks best right now. After a few ticks SE, the confluence due to the wobbling ULL to our northeast is modeled further away which allows the low to tuck a bit closer. I don't think it matters too much for SNE anyways..maybe some more taint, but areas near you and especially north to Will are locked below 32. Even I think I can grab 2-4 or so here.

You think I'll tickle over 100 inches for the season with this one?

I don't mind an inch or 2 of sleet and then zr on top. Just lock it up all week for the next 2 storms coming 

You think I'll tickle over 100 inches for the season with this one?

I don't mind an inch or 2 of sleet and then zr on top. Just lock it up all week for the next 2 storms coming 

Yeah you'll break 100. I probably shouldn't sound too confident..but I am..lol. Enjoy. 

Well that was not what I wanted to see on the 0z EURO, not what I was expecting either... A blip on the radar, or a turn back the other way? That is the question.....

Upton's first guess, they usually way overestimate the coastal gradient, and this looks to be no exception.

-skisheep

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

StormTotalIceFcst.png

Nope. Was a beautiful day on the ice in Mt. Vernon (Flying Pond), and forecasts suggest I might get to drill some holes next Sat - late March is often iffy for safe ice on the lower elev ponds, but not this year.

GYX's morning AFD is bullish, though no accum # or watches yet. They had the foothills lined up for the bullseye; however, I read the same thing prior to both 12/27 and 2/27 - got nice snowfalls but no jackpot - maybe 3rd time's the charm.

Edit: So while I'm typing the above, Eric makes me a liar by posting GYX first draft. All good...

Lol, Well he said waders and fly rod, can always ice fish until the end of the month providing there is still ice

I'm not sure what to expect here. My guess is all frozen, but PL contamination has to be a threat for awhile until the coastal turns us back to all snow. Actually it's not the worst thing because it would make it a lot more durable in the face on the nasty sun angle.

I'm going down to Ocean County, NJ early tomorrow for work and hope to be home by around 8 or 9 PM before it gets too intense.

Let's think logically.  How often does a low pressure center track across SE MA and we get a decent snow storm for SNE? If this was the middle of January we would be worried about a flip to rain.  It is the middle of March.  A flip to rain is likely for almost everyone.  Northern NE should cash in very nicely though.  And in my opinion they can have it.  We have had our fun.

Let's think logically.  How often does a low pressure center track across SE MA and we get a decent snow storm for SNE? If this was the middle of January we would be worried about a flip to rain.  It is the middle of March.  A flip to rain is likely for almost everyone.  Northern NE should cash in very nicely though.  And in my opinion they can have it.  We have had our fun.

That's mighty generous of you, Where were you handing these out in Jan...............lol

Archived