e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you getting that?  I can't even find it on Environmental Canada's site unless its not refreshing properly for me.

That model has been a huge hit for several runs with more rapid deepening of the secondary.

Should be fun Tuesday afternoon to watch the cloud tops cool and radar blossom.

Yeah it's not out on meteocentre yet either, although they usually are slightly delayed. It's cousin, the RGEM, was 4-6" here, hopefully the GGEM follows.

-skisheep

And if you are following this for ski interests, the local knowledge will be that the ski areas will not downslope on a SE flow like some of the models show. It must be grid related as the 4,000ft Spine occupies a relatively small area up and down the state, but the entire northern half of VT isn't going to be downsloped by the Whites like the models show. Sure out by Lyndon and St Johnsbury in the NE Kingdom, but the east slope of the Greens where Sugarbush/Stowe/Jay reside is still a 3,000-3,500ft vertical rise of terrain (with 4,000ft of elevation change on the west side), so a strong H95 SE jet is going to get forced upward.

Shadowing won't be too bad once the secondary takes over. I'm actually not too worried right for once haha.

Looks like anywhere between 8 and 20 mm or so of precip as snow here, hard to tell because the color that's over us for most of the time is 1-3 mm per hour, but just by looking at the storm I'd take a guess that it's on the higher end of that, so say 2 mm per hour for 6 hours plus some light stuff at the beginning and it's probably around 15 mm of precip as snow or so here, than an hour or two of ice, than rain.

15 mm is .6" liquid, so, verbatim, the GGEM is probably 5-7" here, and is now the best case scenario.

GGEM is warning criteria for pretty much everyone on this forum, gets taint up past the NH/MA border, but plenty of snow for everyone before that. Massive hit for ski country, Whiteface probably sees it's second biggest storm of the season.(1st was 12-26/27, 24", driving up in that was not a fun experience...

-skisheep

Shadowing won't be too bad once the secondary takes over. I'm actually not too worried right for once haha.

Yeah there might be a little downsloping with the intial wave of precip, but if we get significant snowfall it is going to come from that secondary deepening on Tuesday afternoon/evening, and that's more a northeast wind which is fine.  That's where you may even be better off being further east and/or northeast, especially if the low is a little slower deepening than models predict.

That's precip falling as snow, not storm total precip, correct?

-skisheep

No that is 6 (edit: 12 hour precip as others said) hour precip endng at 60 hours...all precip. Unless you think western Cuba is getting a snow bomb.

I wonder if the Rt 2 corridor from central MA westerward can stay all snow in this. As the low bombs, it is inserting some pretty good dynamics to halt the progression of the mid-level warm tongue even further.

I think they're in pretty good shape. Looks like the first thump is all snow and they shouldn't have a problem dynamically cooling as the low goes to town. It could wind up being a hair north over the Monadnocks/Srn Greens but Rt 2 NW of ORH wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Ya very cold today 30 degrees at 130 on March 17th for southern New England almost unheard of.. Last Easter pushed into the 70s what will this Easter be like. Like I've been saying this has been a long winter by the end of this month it will be 5 full months of mid winter conditions! An extra month or two with a snowy November and snowy March makes all the difference..

Ya very cold today 30 degrees at 130 on March 17th for southern New England almost unheard of.. Last Easter pushed into the 70s what will this Easter be like. Like I've been saying this has been a long winter by the end of this month it will be 5 full months of mid winter conditions! An extra month or two with a snowy November and snowy March makes all the difference..

Well December acted more like October, lol. At least until around Christmas time when we got some snow events.

Archived