• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

The GGEM looks like about .6" liquid as snow and then .1" or so of ice, would be a warning event here, and a totally awsome event exceeding my wildest expectations. It, along with the RGEM, are the snowy outliers, although the UKIE is up there.

EDIT: according to NYC forum UKIE is just as snowy as GGEM/RGEM, even more so. Can you still call a group of 3 models an outlier??? :)

-skisheep

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GGEM is ridic here. The secondary H7/H85 track moves right over MHT and nukes C NH into ME with almost 2" of liquid.

Yeah it's really really good up north. Crusher from the srn Greens up into C NH and ME. 

A track like that is curtains for us south of the Pike after an initial thump of snow. GGEM would probably bring some rain up to BAF/ORH with the secondary so far inland. 

The secondary def tracked SE a bit and the Lakes primary is a bit weaker this run. So that is good news for a colder solution. The sfc is really cold too...in mid 20s at the start, that would make it really tough to get above freezing over the interior if the secondary is tracking over the Cape.

I'm guessing the low being SE means that the front end here is longer/more snow?

-skisheep

After living in coastal CT for 17 years, I can tell you that coastal locations probably will not see more than 2-4" before flipping. WAA precip coupled with a developing coastal somewhere near the south coast isn't a great combo for south coast snow.

After living in coastal CT for 17 years, I can tell you that coastal locations probably will not see more than 2-4" before flipping. WAA precip coupled with a developing coastal somewhere near the south coast isn't a great combo for south coast snow.

2-4" is what I'm thinking right now, maybe we get lucky and see 5", but I think the 6-8" that UKIE/GGEM/RGEM have here is way off.

-skisheep

Archived