Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manhattan. Many NYC neighborhoods are suburban. Your statement implies that it would be impossible to snow to accumulate based on latitude. And trust me, if it accumulates on your Main Street in the business district it will on Broadway.

sorry, when I said NYC, I meant manhattan. We run around 2-3f colder usually up here vs KNYC(which is why I think we have a decent shot for 2-5" and if manhattan gets 2" it's a good day), but your point is taken, and probably right...

-skisheep

Just saw the Euro on wunderground. 18z Tuesday is 33-35 and rain for you after like 4-6" of snow and a decent glaze. 850's get to 5C between h54 and h57.

Yeah this is one of those events where NE Hills probably tick over 32F but the towns NW of Hartford with elevation stay 30ish. 

lol, it's shaky, but I've noticed it a few times, although meterologically it makes little sense, it just seems to happen... It's also possible that midtown NYC is a degree or so warmer than KNYC in central park, and that's what does it? Now that I think about it, that makes sense...

-skisheep

Well 33F is 33F whether it's SW CT or NYC. You may be thinking of pavement issues or something like that, but that's a whole other ballgame.

Yeah this is one of those events where NE Hills probably tick over 32F but the towns NW of Hartford with elevation stay 30ish. 

Yeah, having the secondary so close to NE CT isn't a good look, even at the surface. Father west in the Taconics/ Berks an ageostrophic flow show keep them cold at the surface.

Litchfield county and western Hartford county should do pretty well.

Late March events are so much different to me than January. In January you get disappointed in a change to rain, but this time of year we are just padding the stats. At least IMHO.

Winter storm Watches flying for Maine and New Hampshire.

not suprised at all, would expect BTV(entire CWA), BOX(interior MA, NH, CT is the wild card), ALY(anything outside of the hudson valley south of albany), and OKX(Orange county, maybe we see northern CT zones but I doubt it...)

-skisheep

Late March events are so much different to me than January. In January you get disappointed in a change to rain, but this time of year we are just padding the stats. At least IMHO.

Agreed. Will be nice to get a snow/ice/rain event this late in the season. I'm looking forward to it. 

Just saw the Euro on wunderground. 18z Tuesday is 33-35 and rain for you after like 4-6" of snow and a decent glaze. 850's get to 5C between h54 and h57.

2m temps run warm on wunderground . You know that. This isn't a run if the mill AirMass. Water temps are cold. Low continues tickling SE each run. 32 may get as far north as IJD

Those height falls are really impressive...def a bit SE this run...wonder if even BOS would flip back to a pasting for 3 or 4 hours as it blows up over the Cape to east of Boston Harbor.

will or scott, what is the time frame per euro for front end thump , then poss change back to snow 128 area (for a bit)

Well 33F is 33F whether it's SW CT or NYC. You may be thinking of pavement issues or something like that, but that's a whole other ballgame.

The heat island is a factor though due to the density of buildings-the event a week ago barely accumulated on pavements at all in Midtown but the parks had 4", and some spots in the city which were less dense had totals of 6-7". It was a highly variable event around the immediate area, the north shore of Long Island had up to 9", even EWR had 6.7". By my office we had snow on car tops, that was it, and it snowed heavily for hours.

2m temps run warm on wunderground . You know that. This isn't a run if the mill AirMass. Water temps are cold. Low continues tickling SE each run. 32 may get as far north as IJD

2m on Wunderground are warmer than what I said, though. The 39F isotherm gets close the Ginxy. Verbatim it's probably 35-37 for you.

The Euro still gives you  4-6", before IP/ZR then rain by 3-4pm Tuesday for a time. Having the low going over SE MASS isn't a solid look for CT, except maybe northern Litchfield county. I like 4-7" for you.

I'd be suprised if you don't go above 32, you probably will get low end warning snowfall(6-8"), then a good chunk of ice, but you probably finish as plain rain.

-skisheep

The heat island is a factor though due to the density of buildings-the event a week ago barely accumulated on pavements at all in Midtown but the parks had 4", and some spots in the city which were less dense had totals of 6-7". It was a highly variable event around the immediate area, the north shore of Long Island had up to 9", even EWR had 6.7". By my office we had snow on car tops, that was it, and it snowed heavily for hours.

Right so if that's a factor, then you have a warmer temp than 33F. 33F is 33F across the world.

I don't care about the change to rain... I just hope Westchester can rip for a few hours whole 850s hold.

I think we have a good chance at a few hours of SN/SN+ tomorrow night, I could see you putting down a quick 4" in 6 hours, especially since you have some elevation, which I'm lacking... You probably do slightly better than me, although I think we both do well all things considered.

-skisheep

SSTs are actually at some of the coldest readings of the season. I remember seeing someone post about SSTs warming in March...they really don't. Maybe a tickle up a degree by 3/31, but it's not until April really.

Lol, whoever that was definitely doesn't live near the water. Mid March and early September are the coldest and warmest, respectively. Thermodynamicsss.

Lol, whoever that was definitely doesn't live near the water. Mid March and early September are the coldest and warmest, respectively. Thermodynamicsss.

Sometimes you'll see a bouy get a couple of degrees warmer during the day under full sun, but then drop right back at night. SSTs in March are the last thing on my mind, honestly.

Archived