• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

Let's think logically.  How often does a low pressure center track across SE MA and we get a decent snow storm for SNE? If this was the middle of January we would be worried about a flip to rain.  It is the middle of March.  A flip to rain is likely for almost everyone.  Northern NE should cash in very nicely though.  And in my opinion they can have it.  We have had our fun.

:lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The low was 10 here and 24 now with full sun. It's great having solid frozen ground now instead of a mud fest.

12z NAM looks good for us down south folks.. gives a good amount of snow even down to shoreline.. and northern ct looks to stay mostly snow.. speaking of cold.. 10am 25 degrees March 17th after a half inch of snow yesterday wow!

12z NAM looks good for us down south folks.. gives a good amount of snow even down to shoreline.. and northern ct looks to stay mostly snow.. speaking of cold.. 10am 25 degrees March 17th after a half inch of snow yesterday wow!
Still have to watch the warmth above 850 in this situation down there. Definitely a cooler run though, but it's the NAM beyond 12hr.

Still have to watch the warmth above 850 in this situation down there. Definitely a cooler run though, but it's the NAM beyond 12hr.

yes true I have to check that out with the extractions.. lets see if the NAM can go 2 for its last 2... it nailed yesterdays light snow while no other model was within 300 miles.. 

for 12z run just based on 850s.. still waiting on 700-800mb.. NAM and Hi-RES would be a 3-6"+ deal for most of CT. 850s don't warm til precip shuts off.. 

06z run had a sneaky warm level at 800mb making this minimimal snow and a freezing rain and sleet fest for inland CT as surface stays below freezing for entire event

NAM continues to be completely on its own with the secondary development... very weak 1008mb staying southeast of SNE with very slow pressure falls.  It continues to do this as it just isn't handling the deep closed system that well.  All the meso-scale models are strugging with this for some reason.

GGEM/UKMET/GFS/ECM all have had the secondary low as being around 996mb (or lower) passing over SNE into the Gulf of Maine.

If you look at the 00z models, the UKMET/GFS/ECM all had like 996mb over ORH-BOS (GGEM had 988mb, probably too strong)

If 12z runs of those models continue with a much stronger secondary development and tracking over SNE, the NAM gets tossed as it should, lol. 

NAM continues to be completely on its own with the secondary development... very weak 1008mb staying southeast of SNE with very slow pressure falls.  It continues to do this as it just isn't handling the deep closed system that well.  All the meso-scale models are strugging with this for some reason.

GGEM/UKMET/GFS/ECM all have had the secondary low as being around 996mb (or lower) passing over SNE into the Gulf of Maine.

If you look at the 00z models, the UKMET/GFS/ECM all had like 996mb over ORH-BOS (GGEM had 988mb, probably too strong)

If 12z runs of those models continue with a much stronger secondary development and tracking over SNE, the NAM gets tossed as it should, lol. 

Yeah the NAM solution is pretty funky and it's been doing it for a while now. 

Nam did magnificent with the snow here down south into jersey for several runs yesterday, Ride it, Ride the Nam, SWFE king.

I dunno this is really a complex synoptic evolution. I think you have to hedge toward the Euro. The Euro is a warm solution and probably not very exciting south of the Pike. Euro is even a flip to rain in many areas south and east of ORH. 

with this pattern. many of us from about my area in elevated SW CT to the hills of NE CT to the Worcester Hills have a great shot of 100"+... I'm 10" away and I know many are already close if not over.. What an over-performing season after such a dull period from Nov 8th to Pre-Blizzard Febuary 8th.. 

We had an 11" snowstorm here on December 29th.

Let's think logically.  How often does a low pressure center track across SE MA and we get a decent snow storm for SNE? If this was the middle of January we would be worried about a flip to rain.  It is the middle of March.  A flip to rain is likely for almost everyone.  Northern NE should cash in very nicely though.  And in my opinion they can have it.  We have had our fun.

If its a front end thump...it happens fairly frequently. 12/16/07 tracked over PYM. Very cold BL locked in with strong SW flow overrunning it will probably cause some heavy snow for several hours. I think the interior will have a very hard time going to plain rain in this

If its a front end thump...it happens fairly frequently. 12/16/07 tracked over PYM. Very cold BL locked in with strong SW flow overrunning it will probably cause some heavy snow for several hours. I think the interior will have a very hard time going to plain rain in this

Yeah I agree. I can't see a place like ORH going above 32. Outside of 495 it will be tough.

NAM is probably the best solution for here since the EURO backed off, clownmap shows around 4-5" or so. According to NYC forum Hi-Res NAM is close to warning criteria down here, although I don't ever remember that model verifying...

I'd say toss it, it's the NAM, but it did score a nice coup yesterday getting that event in here which nothing else had, so not tossing it, but it still comes with a large grain of salt.

Still think 2-4" here unless something else comes in colder...(The RGEM was 4" for NYC, probably 5-6" or so here, but it has no support except from the NAM)

-skisheep

Archived