joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just get that feeling that Euro comes N tonight. "It's gonna' snow where it wants to snow."  SNE winter will continue but hopefully everyone can get in on a threat in the next week.

That's what we thought in the MA during 09-10, but after Feb 10th we got squat even though there was a few very nice chances.

My low temperature was .7...  that's 0.7F.  ;)  I never saw it that cold on March 21st.  My thermometer is so sun contaminated now that I cant tell the actual high, but it didn't exceed 32. Snow was barely dented and now down to 20 again.

Just from an anecdotal standpoint, this is some serious below normal weather.

The pattern is le miz until mid april, however it s not going to be a gradual warmup, it goes right to summer.  Its hysterical all the calls about canceling spring, this is New England after all, and this is March.  A couple ridiculously warm Marches have completely skewed the way people think about this month of weather.  This is not even close to a record cold March, not even sniffing it, but after the roastathon that has been the past 24 months it feels miserable out there.  Sun and 46 this weekend for us is going to feel like heaven, the sun is getting way on up there in the sky.

Imagine that, a March that acted like a March.........hard to believe.

The mega death torch is coming, I remain patient..........the drum beats louder 

Nam is a crusher. I'll miss this one but maybe ORD can get in on it.

The good news is that almost every solution that gets us, gets ORD also...including the 00z NAM. The GGEM had been nailing them too. I'm not sure either of our areas can get this far enough north, but in the event that we do get hit, its likely that ORD got it too...this setup is perfect for that.

Cheer for me. You've had enough

I'm torn...we are getting historic here...so now I have to think about an outside shot at the 1995-1996 record. But we are obviously going to whiff, then I will def cheer for you to make up for the 3/6 bust. I think you have a better shot than me in this right now anyway to get 3"+....but we'll see...there is still time. Guidance is slowing this whole system down.

I'm torn...we are getting historic here...so now I have to think about an outside shot at the 1995-1996 record. But we are obviously going to whiff, then I will def cheer for you to make up for the 3/6 bust. I think you have a better shot than me in this right now anyway to get 3"+....but we'll see...there is still time. Guidance is slowing this whole system down.

What do you think about the new GGEM Will?.

You will prob  do well..I will be back at Plymouth lol. :axe:

You will prob  do well..I will be back at Plymouth lol. :axe:

IF it ends up slamming ORH...I'll be in awe of this winter's end...I aleady am, but that would be even more ridiculous. ORH is already winning the Golden Globe Snow award which is impressive since they have to compete with the LES cities that average near or over 100".

IF it ends up slmming ORH...I'll be in awe of this winter's end...I aleady am, but that would be even more ridiculous. ORH is already winning the Golden Globe Snow award which is impressive since they have to compete with the LES cities that average near or over 100".

Absolutely, it's amazing. Too bad I wasn't here for more of it, lol. My rough tally is at 97" for Shrewsbury (59" Plymouth), so even at lower elevation we are closing in on 100". I hope we can at least get those 3" to get to 100" even if I'm not home to see it.

Absolutely, it's amazing. Too bad I wasn't here for more of it, lol. My rough tally is at 97" for Shrewsbury (59" Plymouth), so even at lower elevation we are closing in on 100". I hope we can at least get those 3" to get to 100" even if I'm not home to see it.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/21/worcester-currently-ranked-snowiest-city-in-u-s/

At least ORH made the news for something.

How does the 00z GGEM compare to the 00z GFS/NAM?

Its similar to the 00z GFS at first glance...its way south of its ridiculous 12z run though. As we get closer...the Euro become more and more the the go-to model. We'll see how it moves tonight.

GGEM can be weird...it can be really amped but then suppressed at a moments notice too. It was way too suppressed with the Feb blizzard, and too suppressed with the Mar 6-8 storm.

Archived