RAINS ARE ANTICIPATED OVER THE SOUTHEAST, WITH SNOW ON THE

NORTHERN EDGE OF THE SYSTEM FROM THE OHIO VALLEY TO THE CENTRAL

APPALACHIANS AND MID ATLANTIC REGION. THE CHANCES FOR A

SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL NEAR THE BIG CITIES OF WASHINGTON AND

PHILADELPHIA ARE SMALL--BUT NOT DIMINISHINGLY SO. ONE IN TEN OF

THE SKILLFUL EUROPEAN CENTRE ENSEMBLE MEMBERS SPIN UP AN ATLANTIC

LOW EARLY MONDAY (DAY 4) DEEP ENOUGH TO WRAP HEAVY SNOW BACK TO

THE I-95 CORRIDOR. THE COMPLEXITY OF THAT PARTICULAR SCENARIO IS

ONE THAT WILL PROBABLY ONLY BE RESOLVED IN THE DAY 1-2 RANGE.

HEAVYRAINS ARE ANTICIPATED OVER THE SOUTHEAST, WITH SNOW ON THENORTHERN EDGE OF THE SYSTEM FROM THE OHIO VALLEY TO THE CENTRALAPPALACHIANS AND MID ATLANTIC REGION. THE CHANCES FOR ASIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL NEAR THE BIG CITIES OF WASHINGTON ANDPHILADELPHIA ARE SMALL--BUT NOT DIMINISHINGLY SO. ONE IN TEN OFTHE SKILLFUL EUROPEAN CENTRE ENSEMBLE MEMBERS SPIN UP AN ATLANTICLOW EARLY MONDAY (DAY 4) DEEP ENOUGH TO WRAP HEAVY SNOW BACK TOTHE I-95 CORRIDOR. THE COMPLEXITY OF THAT PARTICULAR SCENARIO ISONE THAT WILL PROBABLY ONLY BE RESOLVED IN THE DAY 1-2 RANGE.

24-48 hour lead time seems about right. That's been the general rule this winter, anyway.

Good.  we can start the torch and temp talk by 4/5 or so....

The pattern is le miz until mid april, however it s not going to be a gradual warmup, it goes right to summer.  Its hysterical all the calls about canceling spring, this is New England after all, and this is March.  A couple ridiculously warm Marches have completely skewed the way people think about this month of weather.  This is not even close to a record cold March, not even sniffing it, but after the roastathon that has been the past 24 months it feels miserable out there.  Sun and 46 this weekend for us is going to feel like heaven, the sun is getting way on up there in the sky.

Imagine that, a March that acted like a March.........hard to believe.

The mega death torch is coming, I remain patient..........the drum beats louder 

Deep deep winter continues unabated thru April 15th. No leaves on trees till June 1? Think of all the backdoors to look forward to with colder than normal SST's

How many people will die this summer in sne in your sig this year?  I can't wait for the switch, we are almost there!:)

The pattern is le miz until mid april, however it s not going to be a gradual warmup, it goes right to summer.  Its hysterical all the calls about canceling spring, this is New England after all, and this is March.  A couple ridiculously warm Marches have completely skewed the way people think about this month of weather.  This is not even close to a record cold March, not even sniffing it, but after the roastathon that has been the past 24 months it feels miserable out there.  Sun and 46 this weekend for us is going to feel like heaven, the sun is getting way on up there in the sky.

Eh, I'm pushing 30" right now for the month.  Maybe acting like a normal March on roids or something though.

Eh, I'm pushing 30" right now for the month.  Maybe acting like a normal March on roids or something though.

Talking about cold:)  Its nice to have a March that actually acted like winter so we could put down that ridiculous notion that it was not a winter month.

The 2nd half of this month will be a top 10 coldest at some sites. First half saved the departures from getting too out of hand...but we'll see some -2s and -3s for the monthly departure when this is over despite places like ORH being +3 two weeks into the month.

The 2nd half of this month will be a top 10 coldest at some sites. First half saved the departures from getting too out of hand...but we'll see some -2s and -3s for the monthly departure when this is over despite places like ORH being +3 two weeks into the month.

Yep great second half of month, March acting like winter!

Yes people forget that December and January, the second half of February and the first half of March were all above to well above normal, not sure where Kevin gets below normal SST's from.

the pattern dictates the temps anyway, not the sst's immediately to the east. a 3c difference in sst's isn't going to stop a warm front from stalling

the pattern dictates the temps anyway, not the sst's immediately to the east. a 3c difference in sst's isn't going to stop a warm front from stalling

I understand that, he was just saying that thinking nobody would check or remember how warm this winter actually was despite the snowy finish.

Archived